Wiki Posts
Search

newbie need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default newbie need help

Just got my first truck.

Its a losi xxx nt and i am looking to do anything and everything i can to it. I want it to sit up a little more.

what would you recomend for

suspension, chassis, motor, tranny, drive train. I am also looking into racing. My uncle used to race and hes going to help me.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

if your going to be racing it..your not going to want to jack it up. im not sure what motor you have in it, but if it is stock...you are probably going to want a different one to be competitive racing. not sure though.
suspension...as long as it has adjustable shocks you should be set
Old 06-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Tech Rookie

i have been searching for adj. shocks for this thing ans cant find any. does anyone know were to pick some up at. it has a mach .15 engine. also do new exuast do anything for these motors?
Old 06-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

im not familiar with this truck so i dont know if they have some or not...im guessing they do...you may want to try getting some from somone parting out an adam drake version...i believe they have some
Old 06-01-2006, 11:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 3xnt57
i have been searching for adj. shocks for this thing ans cant find any. does anyone know were to pick some up at. it has a mach .15 engine. also do new exuast do anything for these motors?
Seems like your still a newbie so stick with that Mach .15 until you can tune/drive it then bump it up and from what I've heard depending on what pipe u get usually stock pipes are balanced out low and high end but when your going for a new pipe they can range some are better for low end and some better for high end just read up on it before you go buy one
Old 06-02-2006, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Since ur using a nitro truck, your suspension settings should be about 3 inches up, als depends on the track and weither or not its really bumpy, high jumps, etc. Since your uncle is going to help u, u can learn from him. You have to give us more detail in order for us to help u to custom ur settings for your truck.

Pm me if u still need some help on setting up your truck
Old 06-02-2006, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

since this is your first engine shouldnt you first learn how to tune them correctly. This is a process that takes a while to get right and you need lots patiance.......