Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEN CT4S

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 12:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Default CEN CT4S

Hey im selling my old wrx tamiya glow engine back to the shop for it is fucked, and i have decided to buy the CEN CT4S what does everyone reacon of them?? They supposedly do 72.4 mph

http://comfortchannel.com/prod.itml/icOid/5346,
Old 05-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Should i buy this, what do you guys reacon of it, i need to know coz im buying it today but if its crap i wont, i just neeed some personal info please, cheers
Old 05-07-2006, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

probably ok if your bashing, but I wouldn't get it for racing..
Old 05-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I agree, not a good choice for racing, buts its good basher
Old 05-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah im not into racing i just want to use it for fun
Old 05-14-2006, 01:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

dont buy one, trust me, been there done that, they dont really go 73mph, handling is poor and bad design makes the parts vulnerable to breaking and the parts arent that readily available and they are way overpriced. Buy a kyosho FW05 or Vone, even for bashing. id recommend the Fw05 as its shaft driven and u wont have to worry bout little rocks tearing up the belts if your bashing in carparks.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Jez81
dont buy one, trust me, been there done that, they dont really go 73mph, handling is poor and bad design makes the parts vulnerable to breaking and the parts arent that readily available and they are way overpriced. Buy a kyosho FW05 or Vone, even for bashing. id recommend the Fw05 as its shaft driven and u wont have to worry bout little rocks tearing up the belts if your bashing in carparks.
True, thanks for that, i had a look at the CEN it was 470 without any of the starting stuff, and the the FW05-t is 480 without the stuff, this is in Australian Dollars tell me what i should get
Old 05-15-2006, 05:33 AM
Tech Adept

Get the FW05!!!!!!
No doubt about it.
Ive sold my cen (only 6 months old, payed $600 fully set up, sold for $260 )
because i have an Fw05s and an Fw05r. They are great cars, handling like the cen could never do and really arent much slower. The shaft drive gives no grief and parts are cheap as compared with the cen. Heaps of option parts are available too, u can literally upgrade the fw05t to an fw05r. Get the Fw05t+ if u can as it comes with the 2speed as standard. The 2 speed is $80 sold seperately so make sure u get one included. The + has a few other nice additions too.
Feel free to ask any questions bout the Fw05
Old 05-16-2006, 01:08 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks yeha i can pick a brand new fw05t + for 480 brand new from budget hobbies in capalaba, i was looking on the web, but it looks like the wheels are conected to the body is that just me or is that rigth thanks for your help
Old 05-16-2006, 01:23 AM
Tech Elite

get the fw 05s....its tones better than the T....i dno bout the + tho..my mate got the fw05s and i built it for him n ill tell ya its pretty dam good

personally i HATE kyosho...it sucks lol

i would go with the hpi rs4 18ss or sumthing
Old 05-18-2006, 03:49 AM
Tech Adept

wheels arent attached to the body. they are the same kinda setup as most other nitro cars.. id start with the T+ and go from there, they arent far off the S and even come with some better parts like the threaded alloy shocks.

hpi? they look like they will break if u pick em up wrong, and u dont see too many round.. why is that
Old 05-18-2006, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jez81
hpi? they look like they will break if u pick em up wrong, and u dont see too many round.. why is that

have u ever OWNED a HPI? dude ill tell u...if a truck can keep up with the abuse i put it through its gotta be good....my hpi savage has been from off my roof to being run over partially and i had driven away......

the other day i was angry so i took it out for a spin and i unleashed my anger all on my truck..........coming down 90ks down the street around the bend and fully locking it to the left or right and just flip and barrel roll down the street.......or hi speed ccartwheels....and i didnt brake a thing.....and with the pik up thing.....LOL! i was so bored that i ended up seeing how far i can THROW my truck from the front bumper like a discus...i would spin around and just launch the thing 10 metres down the road....it landed pretty much everywere and i broke absolutely NOTHING....thats HPI for ya man....the RS4 can take abuse aswell