Recommendations for a good bashing platform >

Recommendations for a good bashing platform

Recommendations for a good bashing platform

Old 01-05-2024, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default Recommendations for a good bashing platform

Hello all,

I have raced for years and am finding it just takes too much time and energy. I am really looking for a quality buggy/truggy platform that takes some work to adjust and play, but where I can spend most of the time just playing. I have some great equipment:

1) Futaba 7PX + receivers
2) Sanwa M17 + receivers
3) Chargers
4) Batteries
5) Tekno EB410

but I am going to sell some or all of it depending on what I decide to do. I have already sold all my Hudy setup systems.

I want something that can be used off-road (with some on-road usage). I enjoyed the nitro side of it, but found it frustrating to break in engines, rich them up, lean then out and then heat before every use. I am pretty sure I never understood how to get them running properly. I almost certainly left too much performance on the table or ran them way too lean. I have been using electric for a long time now but am finding I am missing the nitro side.

I hated disassembling the cars after every hard crash to see if things were bent, cracked or broken. I ended up doing the minimum and found big problems when I would finally fully break it down again. I enjoyed tweaking it and adding/removing parts.

Is there a platform that is more than a Traxxis, but less than Losi/Kyoto? Thanks a lot.
Old 01-07-2024, 04:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

check out arrma. they've become the "go to" for bashers
Old 01-08-2024, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Depending on the kind of "Bashing" you want to do, something smaller scale could be a good option. I have seen 1/16 and 1/18 scale vehicles soar through the air and yet walk away from crashes that would have destroyed a 1/8 Basher Truck.

On the other end of this spectrum, my "basher" that I use out in the street in my neighborhood street is a 1/8 E-Truggy race kit with motor the size of an espresso can turned up as far as it can go. It will do 55mph according to my GPS. It is a great experience to do wheelies from a 20mph roll.
Old 01-08-2024, 08:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

id avoid the small scale stuff. it doesn't work on grass very well
Old 01-09-2024, 04:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If I was told I could only keep one RC to play with, it would be my EB48. Most 1/8 scale buggies are tough. Pick your favorite 1/8 scale buggy and get to it!
Old 02-19-2024, 03:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Disgruntled_RC
check out arrma. they've become the "go to" for bashers
Agreed, Arrma has a basher for nearly every price point from $160ish up to around a grand. No nitro options as far as I'm aware tho. And lots of aftermarket support. I'd say nearly as supported as Traxxas.
Old 02-20-2024, 01:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

I also would agree with Arrma. Great basher for the price, very durable. I’ve also found them fairly easy to do maintenance.
Old 02-20-2024, 01:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

My favorite all-around basher is the ET48. Sounds like you already have a Tekno and know the brand.

In would also agree with some of the other recommendations for Arrma. Buy any 6s truck Arrma truck, run it on 4s, and you will have a roughly 40mph rig that requires very little maintenance. Of course, those bigger rigs still need more space to open up. If you have less space, you might drop down in scale.