Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New here!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 04:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New here!

Hey I'm a new member and new to R/C in general heh I've been intrested in nitro r/c cars so I just orded a HPI Stage D kit. I hear you can have a SuperCharger on a R/C car if so would you be able to hear the Supercharger like a real supercharger? thnx!
So this is what I orderd
The HPI Stage D kit.
And this BMW E39 M5 Body.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

UM, i would seriosuly not beleive all the crap u get from websites - you cannot supercharge a nitro engine safely. I highly doubt that even if you managed to supercharge a nitro engine you would hear it and im sure that by trying to install a supercharger you would greatly reduce the performance and life of your engine. Nice choice on the kit, drifting is alot of fun... and the body is alright, personally would have got a vitage for drifting but anyway...

Have fun with your new kit
Old 04-14-2006, 05:56 PM
Tech Rookie

heh thanks for the info... I was gonna get this body or the Carrera GT or a Lambo
Old 04-15-2006, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

But... there are supercharger kits you can buy. I've seen one up close, and heard it run from a little ways away, but I didn't really hear it that good. It did seem to liven up the engine, but I don't know if it's going to last as long as a naturally aspirated engine would.

Check out www.RBInnovations.com for more information on superchargers.

They also sell nitrous injection systems, cold air intake systems, and other cool stuff along those lines.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

supercharging and engine is only meant for crazy offroaders and serious drag enthusiasts....i wouldnt recommend u supercharge ur engine.