Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Engine swap for RC10GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 10:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Engine swap for RC10GT

Just recently bought RC10GT RTR plus. its a pull start engine with rotary carb.
i was thinking is there any diff between the chasis for pull start and non pull start? and im assuming there's isnt any problem for me to fit in rear exhaust engine as mine now is side exhaust.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

For a rear exhaust engine you will simply need a rear exhaust manifold. If you want to make a side exhaust engine spit it's gas out the rear of the vehicle, well that's just as easy. All you need to do that is to go out and buy an MIP 360 header and pipe, and find a 360 shock tower.

The chassis is the same for both trucks. The only difference is the engines backplate. There is no spot for a one way bearing or shaft on the back of the crank case, that's all. Associated chassis' still have a slit in the bottom for starter boxes, so don't worry about flywheel access.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:39 AM
Bud
Tech Master

The p/s motor mount is taller and sits the motor up higher in the chassis so the p/s doesn't hit the chassis. They'll work as long as you use the p/s flywheel also. If you use the non p/s flywheel you'll need to use the non p/s motor mount. If you don't, the starter box wheel won't reach the flywheel. The non p/s flywheel is smaller in diameter.