Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By OffRoadJunkie
  • 1 Post By Bsthetech

Suggestions for First 1:10 Buggy

Old 02-02-2022, 01:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Suggestions for First 1:10 Buggy

Hi All,
Two pieces on my WL Toys 124019 (1:12 scale) just broke (cheap metal very brittle). For $120 the buggy has been great for learning and getting started but too many things poorly made and too many things breaking.

Would like to buy my first 1:10 buggy, would like to build, so looking for a kit and would like to use it to continue to learn and eventually try racing. Would like it to be durable with a good parts supply. I live in Mexico City, so parts availability is a must. An option is to start to add Losi parts to the 124019, but it seems like a waste.

A couple of possibilities;
LC Racing LC10b5 $350
WL Toys 104001 $190

Is there a buggy kit similar to the XQ2S with good community support, good parts supply, and reasonable costs. Does such a thing exist?

Thank you! Cheers

Last edited by museguy; 02-02-2022 at 02:43 AM.
Old 02-02-2022, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by museguy View Post
Hi All,
Two pieces on my WL Toys 124019 (1:12 scale) just broke (cheap metal very brittle). For $120 the buggy has been great for learning and getting started but too many things poorly made and too many things breaking.

Would like to buy my first 1:10 buggy, would like to build, so looking for a kit and would like to use it to continue to learn and eventually try racing. Would like it to be durable with a good parts supply. I live in Mexico City, so parts availability is a must. An option is to start to add Losi parts to the 124019, but it seems like a waste.

A couple of possibilities;
LC Racing LC10b5 $350
WL Toys 104001 $190

Is there a buggy kit similar to the XQ2S with good community support, good parts supply, and reasonable costs. Does such a thing exist?

Thank you! Cheers

To answer the question about support, head down to your nearest/favorite RC shop and see what they have the most parts for.

These are usually the most popular brands around the world:
  • Associated
  • Losi
  • Xray
  • Kyosho
  • Schumacher
  • Yokomo
Out of these, the most popular are Team Associate, Losi, and Xray. However, if you get a buggy from any of these, you will be happy with the build and it will be competitive. As for parts, if you don't mind ordering parts online, then all of these will work. Parts are readily available for all of these, online.

IndyRC_Racer and Billy Kelly like this.
Old 02-03-2022, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

AE B6.3
museguy likes this.
Old 02-16-2022, 10:00 PM
Tech Adept

My told my friend to buy an associated b6 club racer rtr and its been an amazing buggy for him. Id highly recommend it. I have a b6 myself and absolutely love it!
Old 02-18-2022, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

To those responding, the WL Toys 124019 is a 4wd buggy. The AE B6.3 is a 2-wheeled/Rear Wheeled Drive vehicl..

All of the companies listed earlier should have a 4wd buggy option. Before buying an off-road vehicle to race, always check at the local racing facility that there will be a class for the vehicle of your choice. There also may be other more popular classes/vehicles being raced at a specific location, which might make parts support/help easier.
Old 03-09-2022, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

if racing, what parts/company does your local track support for the division you're racing in/buggy?

Associated/Losi etc

get that car

I'm partial to the Associated B6 series as it's durable and easy to tune.