Steering servo horn angle help. Losi lasernut >

Steering servo horn angle help. Losi lasernut

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By the rc guy

Steering servo horn angle help. Losi lasernut

Old 01-03-2022, 08:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Steering servo horn angle help. Losi lasernut

Hello, I recently got into this hobby as I have always wanted too. I jumped in head first, got a losi lasernut, it looked like the type I would like and I have loved it. I have done my fair share of wrecking and fixing and have learned a lot. But one thing I am not sure and it has been hard to find info on is, setting up my servo horn and arm correctly. I realized after the fact I didnít take a picture of the default angles, but I think it is close.

I ask because, turning left always seems more weak than right and I wonder if it has to do with the geometry of it all.

I have reset my transmitter, I have try resetting the esc to defaults and all sorts of stuff. For the most part it is great but I canít put my finger on it.

oh I should mention. I put in a reef 400sc as I read the steering servo needed an upgrade and it for sure has been great, and this is where I wasnít sure if I did the new one right.

any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Iíve tried to attach a photo but I canít seem to, it keeps giving me an error. Iím on my phone.
Old 01-04-2022, 02:28 AM
Tech Elite

Generally you are aiming for the linkages to be at right angles to each other, just look at the manual or other pictures of the car to make sure you've fitted the new servo the right way.

Better quality radios have end point adjustments that allow you to set the steering evenly in both directions.
Old 01-04-2022, 03:29 AM
Tech Elite

best to whats called center servo b4 connecting horn. Plug servo into rv the power it on.b4 that remove any servo trims and set endpoint to 100% install horn and linkage.. now do the right turn left turn same setup .you'll need 2 objects .turn steering full right make turn at outside edge put 2nd object now turn truck around do left turn so you adjust endpoints so you can do exact angle both left n right..
sosidge likes this.
Old 01-04-2022, 05:34 PM
Tech Rookie

yeah mine has end point adjustments which I have done. But left still seems more weak. I have them setup kind of like how you said but was wondering if it was still off. I wish the manual was more specific in the reef or the stock one but it isnít clear anywhere.

Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
Generally you are aiming for the linkages to be at right angles to each other, just look at the manual or other pictures of the car to make sure you've fitted the new servo the right way.

Better quality radios have end point adjustments that allow you to set the steering evenly in both directions.
Old 01-04-2022, 05:37 PM
Tech Rookie

so are you saying remove all settings and start over? After turning it on and letting it reset I think install back in and do the end points?
only place you lost me was why I need to turn it around and the 2 objects?

Originally Posted by the rc guy View Post
best to whats called center servo b4 connecting horn. Plug servo into rv the power it on.b4 that remove any servo trims and set endpoint to 100% install horn and linkage.. now do the right turn left turn same setup .you'll need 2 objects .turn steering full right make turn at outside edge put 2nd object now turn truck around do left turn so you adjust endpoints so you can do exact angle both left n right..