Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Body Shell messed up! can we redo? > Body Shell messed up! can we redo?

Body Shell messed up! can we redo?

Old 03-31-2006, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Body Shell messed up! can we redo?

guys, i messed up my body shell paint coz i have not knowingly bought an expired spray paint, so now the inside of body is filled with very dusty paint. i then got frustrated and wash it with washing detergent and sponge, then the next day i bought a new can of Tamiya spray paint, then upon spraying a few coats, i realise that the inside body is dusty, filled with the paint dust and some furs, but everything is too late, so i spray till d can is finish, hoping to cover everything up, but still it looks like shit. so i was wondering if there is anything that can remove the paint so that i can do it all over again?

The most difficult task that i have found from Yokomo is the stickers, i have a Drift Package RX-7, and it comes with the window stickers and the color stickers that some are huge in size, so its really very difficult to paste the sticker perfectly, and some are torn as i removed it and paste again, it got so messy and ugly that i m thinking of removing all the stickers, but my rear lamp, i have already painted with body color, so i m thinking of reversing the whole process, so that i can spray the lamp area and window area with black paint, pls advise me asap. sometimes i was wondering if there are those already done body that we can buy outright coz its just too difficult to do a nice body. cheers.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There's a product called Krud Kutter which works pretty well for stripping water based paints. Not sure how it would work on the paints you're using though, you can get this stuff at your local Home Depot/Lowes/other hardware store. Comes in quite large jugs.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

I've heard that both Citristrip and brake fluid work for removeing the paint, but I haven't actually tried them.

As for the decals, you can lightly spray windex on your body so they don't adhere tightly to start with and you can move them around. Again I have never tried this, but I think a lot of people do it.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:41 AM
Tech Adept

get a new body.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bomberman
get a new body.
This would probably be best. removeing paint (so I'm told) tends to fog the body a bit, so it won't look as good.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bomberman
get a new body.
another one for that idea