Help diagnosing a issue. >

Help diagnosing a issue.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bud

Help diagnosing a issue.

Old 06-22-2020, 06:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Help diagnosing a issue.

I have an Ecx Torment, and when I was running it I hit a curb. Now the car has little power on the ground. When the car is on the ground it moves slow while the motor is at full speed. I wanna say it is the slipper clutch, but the drivetrain spins too. I dunno what it is.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Check to make sure the grub screw in you pinion gear is tight. If it gets loose the pinion can spin on the motor shaft rather than spinning with it.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Check your gear mesh. Pretty common problem on the ECX trucks as the motor screws don't hold well. You crash into something and the motor shifts forward. A telltale sign is a terrible noise from the motor.

Another thing to check is to make sure your driveshafts are still in one piece. The Torments have pretty weak driveshafts.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

check axels pins inside the wheel hex ..gotta pull wheels off ..
Old 06-28-2020, 08:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Fixed!

Thanks for all the ideas. I checked it all. Wheel hexes were still in great condition, and the driveshafts too. It is funny though I took the cover off to check the mesh it was fine as well. Then I took it out to see if I could see the problem when it was running. Then it jumps back to life runs perfectly fine. I dunno if taking the cover off loosened it up or what. I place the cover on and it works fine.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:51 AM
Bud
Tech Addict

Problems that fix themselves make me nervous. Don't know what happened and don't know when it'll happen again.
IndyRC_Racer likes this.