Wltoys14401

Old 06-08-2020, 10:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Wltoys14401

When I hold car all wheels spin. When it's on ground all the power is coming from the front wheels. Is it a rear diff problem
Old 06-11-2020, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Could be. Or a driveshaft is half broken, loose gear, wheel hex is stripped. Something that is preventing the wheel from spinning under power. Im not familiar with any of the WL toys rigs, but if it has a rear diff you should be able to lift the car up, spin one rear wheel one direction and the other should automatically go the opposite direction. Then while you are spinning the rear wheel, hold the other rear wheel so its stopped and it should then try to move the motor as you continue spinning. Feel for cogging or any issues at these steps. I have also had broken shocks/bulkheads/towers etc. do this. Can cause a geometry issues where the front gets all the power. But those are typically easy to notice.