Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Steering Issues on Xtreme Rampage Rock Crawler >

Steering Issues on Xtreme Rampage Rock Crawler

Steering Issues on Xtreme Rampage Rock Crawler

Old 06-03-2020, 06:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Steering Issues on Xtreme Rampage Rock Crawler

I'm having issues turning my wheels left and right, while off and not driving the wheels turn fine but when i drive the wheels only turn a sliver. The wheels feel harder to turn than usual.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

got another servo to see if thats the problem?
Old 06-03-2020, 07:49 AM
Tech Rookie

No.
Note: This happened after the car got squished under a ramp.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Boink, obviously your vehicle suffered some type of damage when it "got squished under a ramp". If you don't visually see any broken or bent components, here are some basic troubleshooting steps when dealing with non-responsive steering.

1) Place the vehicle on a stand which raises all the wheels off the ground/test surface. See if the steering operates normally.
2) If possible, test each side of the front wheels/steering independently (this may require disconnecting steering linkages)
3) Listen to the steering servo/mechanism for any loud buzzing or grinding/crunching when moving the steering. This may indicate that you have a damaged servo.

I have attempted to do a Google search for "Xtreme Rampage Rock Crawler", but I wasn't able to find any good results about this vehicle. Before we can help you fully diagnose and/or determine if you vehicle is able to be repaired, please provide the forum with the following details.
- What specific manufacturer makes your vehicle (you may need to refer to your packaging or instruction manual)
- Where you purchased your vehicle

Hopefully you have a hobby grade r/c vehicle that can easily be repaired with replacement parts. However if you have a "toy grade" r/c vehicle, it may not be economically sound to try to repair your kit.

I hope this information helps.