Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Full Build RC >

Full Build RC

Full Build RC

Old 05-11-2020, 12:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Full Build RC

Is Tamiya the only electric RC company to offer full build RCís? Looking for something to build, not RTR. I built the Grasshopper for my son a couple years ago, but these RCís are out dated, as 8 had one when I was a kid in the 80ís. Any tips would be great.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

There’s plenty of race grade kits. On or off road. Tamiya seems to have the most kits. I think Kyosho might also have some for re-releases.

Old 05-11-2020, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Losi, Associated, Tekkno, Schumacher, Serpent, xray, serpent, mugen all sell KITs. Look for the "KIT" in the description and it will be a kit to build (you will need to purchase radio/ESC/Motor?Servo?battery and charger to run it.

RTR is more prevalent than it was in the 80's and 90's but there are still many build it yourself kits. most race grade options are kits, the RTR' are more "entry level" geared