Big scale ?

Old 02-11-2020, 07:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Big scale ?

I and looking at buying the x-max 8's Are the lowly super Baja Rey? Been Out of the hobby for a number of years. Anyone of you guys have experience with these. ? I'm looking for something that's fairly easy to work on Plenty of parts. Availability and tough. I do not do heavy bashing. And looking for something I can put a lot of mods on. I'm not a huge fan of Traxxas never have been but if that's the better one of the two. I would consider buying that one any help you can give would be very appreciated before I lay out this much money.
Old 02-12-2020, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

My xmaxx is durable literally never breaks itís a beast
Old 02-13-2020, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

The Arrma Kraton 8S would be a better comparison to the Xmaxx than the Super Baja Rey. Traxxas has always had the most hop up options so if that is your motivation the Xmaxx might be the better option.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by magoo_lc1
I and looking at buying the x-max 8's Are the lowly super Baja Rey? Been Out of the hobby for a number of years. Anyone of you guys have experience with these. ? I'm looking for something that's fairly easy to work on Plenty of parts. Availability and tough. I do not do heavy bashing. And looking for something I can put a lot of mods on. I'm not a huge fan of Traxxas never have been but if that's the better one of the two. I would consider buying that one any help you can give would be very appreciated before I lay out this much money.
super baja Rey is anything but lowly. That said the aftermarket is small and it is a pain to work on. It is probably most robust truck out of X-Maxx and Kraton 8s.

Losi dbxl is easy to work on, small aftermarket though.

Probably can't go wrong with x-Maxx or kraton. Kraton might require chassis upgrade, at a minimum requires beefy aftermarket chassis braces.

Both look like a lot of fun. One is a pretty big monster truck, one is a big truggy. They drive different, so pick which one fits your style.

I like arrma, but I'd probably get x-maxx before kraton 8s, but I'm goofy. I hear arrma might have more large rc coming in the not to distant future
Old 03-28-2020, 02:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Did you decide yet? I have an Xmaxx and a Super Rock Rey. Love both, xmaxx is a lot easier to work on, and much more versatile.
Old 03-29-2020, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The Losi dbxl desert buggy. Hands down for bashing large scale, the best. 1/5 scale. 50+ mph electric beast.
solid axle with a good diff.. 4 link rear. Watch amain hobbies youtube channel for a review. They put it up against Traxxas's 1/6 pos sct.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

SBR is annoying to work on especially compared to an Xmaxx. Xmaxx parts support is like no other and everything is available everywhere, unlike the SBR.