Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Very New to the Hobby >

Very New to the Hobby

Very New to the Hobby

Old 11-30-2019, 03:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Very New to the Hobby

I have come across what may be a deal. I am unsure what this might all be worth, so I figured I would as the experts. Here is the back story. My nephew no longer wants to be in the RC car hobby. He lost interest a few years ago. I told him I was interested in what he had, but he did not give me an answer as to what he wanted for it. I do not want to short change him, but I also want to be fair to myself. Does anyone have any idea what this amount of parts would bring. Looks to me like one RC8t and one Traxxas Rustler VXL.

Old 11-30-2019, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

It's hard to say without seeing them(what electronics they have and upgrades) but a good rule is 1/2 of what they cost new to start.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Another option is to see what prices of similar gear are in the F/S here on this forum.. It won't directly translate to the worth of the gear you are looking at but should put you in the ballpark depending on condition/electronics/etc...

FS: Associated RC8T CE E-truggy RTR
Rustler 4x4 vxl rtr
Old 03-28-2020, 09:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Since I cannot post images yet the pictures are available on my blog or the Hoot Builds Facebook page. I still have not pulled the trigger on this deal, but I am thinking $350 for all of it.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Hoot Builds View Post
Since I cannot post images yet the pictures are available on my blog or the Hoot Builds Facebook page. I still have not pulled the trigger on this deal, but I am thinking $350 for all of it.
Apart from what you think his stuff might be worth, Iíd also think about what gear do you really want? Would you buy these cars even without your nephew? Do you want a basher? Or maybe start with a crawler? I cannot see what he has to offer, but you need at least the car with radio, more than one set of lipos, a good charger, tools... Thatís at least 500,- if bough new. Does he has a good charger, batteries, and tools? If so, 350,- isnít too much with two cars on top of it.