Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New guy racing concrete oval

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 07:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New guy racing concrete oval

Hello everyone, I am just getting into the world of rc cars. I have spent 90% of my life either building street cars or racing some form of real sized race cars. I have 3 Traxxas Slash 2wd rollers right now. I was wondering if anyone had any tricks or tips to help me get started. I will be racing mostly in a 40x60 shop with smooth epoxy concrete floor. Im looking for set up help, tire choices, shocks... anything to help me get past the learning curve.

Thanks in advance!
---G
Old 09-30-2019, 01:38 PM
Tech Initiate

If its a club that races there I would recommend asking them for setup help and tire choices. Also inquire about what cars they are running and what you would be looking at to get one and do what needs to be done to set it up to race there.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Its mostly just friends racing for fun but not everyone will tell speed secrets, just to keep that competitive edge