Return from long layoff >

Return from long layoff

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dlee58

Return from long layoff

Old 08-09-2019, 01:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Return from long layoff

Many moons ago I raced Formula One when we had an asphalt track here in town. Life, kids, work, and no place to run I sold all my stuff. This was close to 25 years ago. Today we have a dirt track where 1/8 buggies are quite popular and it is about 20 minutes from my house. They do run a few other things I am trying to find out what they run and they run in the spring and summer. I am told during the fall and winter an indoor track about an hour away runs various types of 1/10 cars. I am more apt to starting out with a 1/8 electric buggy and would like some thoughts on the best way to start. I am a little shy about a RTR, perhaps a roller or 80%, but something about building a car I feel makes future upgrades or repairs easier. I have been considering Tekno, Team Associated or Losi and would like some input. I feel like I am really starting over because technology has changed so very much. Batteries are different, radioes are different, everything. Thanks for any input and I apologize ahead of time for any dumb questions I may come up with.

dlee58
Rustytruck likes this.