Getting back into RC: Kyosho Ultima SC6 RTR vs Team Associated ProSC10 RTR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting back into RC: Kyosho Ultima SC6 RTR vs Team Associated ProSC10 RTR

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 08:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Getting back into RC: Kyosho Ultima SC6 RTR vs Team Associated ProSC10 RTR

So I'm finally thinking about getting back into RC again. Its been about 25yrs (last car was a Traxxas TRX-1) but want to test the waters. I don't want to sink a lot of money into a kit and top end parts right now. I want to be sure I want to really get back into it and also I have to travel a ways to a track so it's not super easy to get back into racing. I'm looking at a couple RTR short course trucks to get me going. The only two I really see as a good starting point is the Kyosho SC6 and the TA PROSC10 RTRs.

I like the shocks and chasis of the SC6 better but I keep seeing people suggest the PROSC10. I wanted to look at the Losi and HPI trucks but they only seem to offer the SC truck with the battery compartment on the bottom which is a no go for me.

So any suggestions which one I should lean to? Right now, they're both pretty even on my to get list.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Short course truck

I would personally recommend the Team Associated sc truck. The parts are cheaper to get and while I don’t run sc trucks the setup sheets on the ae page are pretty good starting points. Out of box setup works well too.