Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Budget lipo charger >

Budget lipo charger

Budget lipo charger

Old 06-28-2019, 10:46 AM
  #1  
Tech Rookie
Thread Starter
 
MrYoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 4
Default Budget lipo charger

I'm looking for a decent lipo charger for around $20-$30. I'm going to be charging 2s lipos around 5000mah, and it would be nice to charge 4s in the future. Any suggestions are appreciated.
MrYoda is offline  
Old 06-28-2019, 05:23 PM
  #2  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The States
Posts: 709
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Dynamite passport ultra p2.
Juglenaut is offline  
Old 06-29-2019, 04:55 AM
  #3  
Tech Elite
 
the rc guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,224
Default

A GT 500 closer than the 110$ charger listed above 75$ GT500
the rc guy is offline  
Old 06-29-2019, 05:59 AM
  #4  
Bri
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 318
Default

The Hexfly HX-C6D Mini is the best that Iv'e seen given the price. It balance charges up to 6 amps (2S to 4S) and has a storage mode. You can check it out here - Hexfly HX-C6D Mini charger
Bri is offline  
Old 06-29-2019, 06:17 AM
  #5  
Tech Elite
 
the rc guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,224
Default

Originally Posted by Bri View Post
The Hexfly HX-C6D Mini is the best that Iv'e seen given the price. It balance charges up to 6 amps (2S to 4S) and has a storage mode. You can check it out here - Hexfly HX-C6D Mini charger
no it balncr dis chargers a cell at 300mah..https://www.redcatracing.com/HX-C6D-Mini
the rc guy is offline  
Old 06-29-2019, 06:59 AM
  #6  
Bri
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 318
Default

That's just the current drain during balancing which is 300mAh per cell. The balance charge rate is 0 to 6 amps.
Bri is offline  
Old 06-29-2019, 08:11 AM
  #7  
Tech Elite
 
the rc guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,224
Talking

Originally Posted by Bri View Post
That's just the current drain during balancing which is 300mAh per cell. The balance charge rate is 0 to 6 amps.
you dont understand how a charger works.oh well no way a 60 watt charger can be better than a 500 watts charger..
the rc guy is offline  
Old 06-29-2019, 09:01 AM
  #8  
Tech Elite
 
the rc guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,224
Default

a lipo charger works how it was programed to work it either chargers the lower voltage battery to near the fuller cell or it discharges the higher cell to near lower voltages voltage.only 1 charger I know that charges a battery soly thru balance plug. it will do up to 8 batteries at once .at 8 amps and can be set thru user setup how to charge .that charger is 199$..i forgot the name but its sitting on my work bench
the rc guy is offline  
Old 06-29-2019, 08:40 PM
  #9  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
rustyus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: central PA
Posts: 822
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by the rc guy View Post
a lipo charger works how it was programed to work it either chargers the lower voltage battery to near the fuller cell or it discharges the higher cell to near lower voltages voltage.only 1 charger I know that charges a battery soly thru balance plug. it will do up to 8 batteries at once .at 8 amps and can be set thru user setup how to charge .that charger is 199$..i forgot the name but its sitting on my work bench
Kinda like RadioLink's charger?
rustyus is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.