Like Tree7Likes

On Road Car

Old 03-13-2019, 10:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by stu.artd View Post
Oh, I hand't heard of that. I'll had a look and seems like there are a couple of clubs that are still active about an hours drive away. Being honest I can't see myself doing a 2 hour round trip for an indoor track, but it's something more than i knew about earlier on!.
they're the UK national body for RC racing so they have links to pretty much every club in the UK that holds competitions. It's worth getting in contact with local clubs too. For reference I currently go about 30-45 minute drive for indoor and 1 &1/2 hours for my neatest outdoor. They're worth it though in my opinion for a focused place and reason to drive
Old 03-14-2019, 05:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Looking at the 'nearby' clubs, they race 1/12th scale indoors and looking at the tracks they have they wouldn't suit anything bigger. That said, I'm happy doing what I do just now, I'm just considering getting another RC to add to the fun. I'm not looking for a focused place, competition with others or any external reason to drive.

Back to the original topic. Looking for input from anyone with experience of 1/8 or 1/10 street cars, being used on the street (not an indoor track). Particular interest in the HPI WR8 flux, Kyosho Inferno GT2 VE and Hobao Hyper VTe.

Last edited by stu.artd; 03-14-2019 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Was going to post this yesterday but got a "5 posts in 24 hours" message and could not.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

WR8 did good on any surface I tried. It did want to flip on a high grip pavement. But slides great on slick pavement. Kyosho was also good. There were some parking lots that were bit much for it. I found the Serpent CobraGT, being it’s more like a buggy with a car body did better.
stu.artd likes this.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:30 PM
Tech Rookie

I ended up going for the Hobao Hyper VTE, 6s/150A version (after finding somwhere that had it in stock in Europe, lol).
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Iím on the same boat except I wanted to build a nitro kit thatís as budget as possible. Okay maybe the opposite boat haha.

The 3racing Sakura kit with a 3.5t motor and 3s can push close to 80mph!

Good option if you want to go fast