Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
2019: Top/best 1/10 4wd TC? for racing >

2019: Top/best 1/10 4wd TC? for racing

Like Tree7Likes

2019: Top/best 1/10 4wd TC? for racing

Old 01-18-2019, 03:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dnp85 View Post
Awesomatix is a very very complicated kit. Definitely not a beginners kit. Iíve always run Yokomo but they are on the dearer end.
I started with a cheap Sakura where the basics are the same and spare parts (which you will need a lot of as a beginner) are much cheaper.
explain what you mean by Yokomo being on the "dearer end."
Old 01-21-2019, 09:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Spool

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
asphalt.

side note:
one thing i came across was the Associated mentioned it had a front spool? this seems like it would be really terrible. ie for turn in and off throttle steering. but maybe these new cars have so much grip, they are trying to dial it back? is this common? what types of tracks benefit from this?
Spools are very popular in TC right now. My wife runs one for USGT and her car drives better than mine in tracks with lots of turns, but is harder to drive. You can download set up sheets and lots of champs are using them right now. The debate between one ways, spools, or front gear diffs is a whole 'nother can o' worms (thread).

Good luck! On-road is so rewarding and fun! My old RS4 pro and Rally are still on the shelf. Product support is always tough; like someone else posted, the models change too often to make this like the 90's when models were around for years at a time.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Best TC chassis

ARC or Advanced R/C out of Taiwan is a great company and has been around since 2013. parts are readily available through TQ racing and Hobby Square and tend to be cheaper than other brands. The chassis responds well to setup changes and lets you know if its working or not. build quality is second to none. The current model is the R11 with their 2019 release. The 2018 chassis is also a great choice. I run both 2018 (VTA) and 2019 (USGT) chassis on black carpet (aluminum chassis US spec versions). carbon chassis versions are also available.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

Sorry to necro this thread, but hey.. - Iíve only recently been considering taking up the hobby again...

Obviously, support and availability are important, so Iíve been trying to get an idea on where some of these companies stand on a National level. Long story short, when I got out of the hobby, my cars were a TC3 and Serpent Impulse (yes, that far back).

In Florida, seems like everyone is raving about the XRay... Always having been a fan, I wouldnít mind Sticking with Associated, but I really havenít seen the TC7.2 in the news anywhere.

Thereís Serpent (in case I also want to stick with the same brand for both EP and NP), but again, in my research, it doesnít seem like they have been the major player that they were before. Iíve read a lot about Infinity, particularly since they have a few big drivers in their factory lineup, but Iím a little wary when I canít get a clear indication of who the heck their US distributor is.

Ugh, Iím so confused... I wish I hadnít left the hobby, lol.

Last edited by TurnNBurn; 06-29-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-30-2019, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You can beat us parts support for the associated TC7.2.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

A few guys ran the Associated car and no longer run them. The plastics are not that great. As stated in a previous thread XRAY is the way to go. I buy used XRAY'S (2016,2017) and I am very competitive in our State series with them. Xrays are very durable, so cost of ownership is less and one does not break in races that often...…..which totally sucks when it happens...……… I buy the XRAY parts overseas and/or ebay and the cost is pretty good..... What is great about Xrays for me is that so many people have them.... thus on race day I can borrow a part if I do not have it...……………. Why pay a race entry fee and have to go home because you do not have the extra part...………. On another note, Awesomatix cars are fast if set up right... They are complicated or at least very different.... They appear to be more fragile...………. Destiny and ARC are good cars, but I think they are a little fragile.....Not Xray durable.…. And once again.... Unless you are going to have a boat load of parts you may go home early as they are not as popular at my tracks....