• 1 Post By VoltageDrop
  • 1 Post By NeoGP

Hi! Just want to introduce myself

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 03:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Hi! Just want to introduce myself

Hi all! New here to this forum but not to RC. I got my first RC back in 94 or 95, it was a tamiya hornet stock. Started going to hobby shops to upgrade and ended up buying 2 used tamiya frog chassis' and used those over my hornet.

Then the upgrades started lol! I bought a futaba magnum trans and receiver, novak rooster reversible, and a few trinity stock and modified motors, green machine 2, slot machine 2, and a few of the gem series(think thats what they were called), the sapphire and onyx i believe, its been so long!!

Then i bought my first kit, A Losi LXT!! I was really into RC by then. Bought another novak 410m speed control and a trinity kinwald motor. Bought some trinity sanyo nimh and had a blast! Drove that for a few years until i shelved it and eventually i sold off all my cars and parts.

I got the itch to play with RC some 25 years later and picked up a GT2 rtr. It was fun for a few days until it met its demise from the back tires of a tractor trailer lol. So i picked up another one and heavily modified it with everything i could throw at it from carbon fiber chassis to an OS .18. She is my shelf queen now lol! I again set RC on the back burner for a few more years until just recently.

I was browsing craigslist and came across a vintage Tamiya Frog and i had to have it!! Reminiscent purposes of course. I took it all apart and cleaned it up and restored it with the help of Amain and Tower Hobbies lol. Was searching craigslist for RC stuff and came across a used B5M that was ran only a few times and you could tell. Everything was tight and highly upgraded from schelle, factory team parts, to mip pucks.

I gave my Frog to my son which is 13 and now we are enjoying the hobby together. I have used this site as a tool to help me learn about mods and acquaint myself with brushless. So that is my story, sorry it was long winded. So here i am many years later and a lighter wallet lmao. Just decided to join this forum and stop browsing lol
Dave_S likes this.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Welcome back! Had a neighbor who had a frig and monster beetle. I was always soo envious.
until I got my rc10!!
anywhi, same position, got my 13 yo and scx10.2 for xmas this year, he doesnt known it yet but I bought one for myself.too..lol
VoltageDrop likes this.
Old 12-07-2018, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks NeoGP. Yeah the Frogs were awesome back in the day, and still fun today. Good choice on the RC10! When i first bought my Losi LXT it was a choice between that or the RC10. But when i finally saved up enough money all tgey had at my local hobby shop in stock was the LXT, no RC10s so i got the LXT and wasnt dissapointed.

Thats awesome that you and your son are going to get the same rides at christmas. Its a good bonding experience working on them together and then taking them outside and seeing the fruits of your labor lol.