Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
New owner of mini e revo >

New owner of mini e revo

New owner of mini e revo

Old 11-21-2018, 07:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Default New owner of mini e revo

I did it. I jumped the gun and bought a 7/10 used mini e revo rolling chassis for my black friday gift to myself. Iíve been eyeing them for months now, looking for a great deal and I found it! Guy had it posted for 85 on eBay, messaged him and asked if heíd take 75, it has a broken driveshaft, and now I will be the proud new owner of a mini e revo in about a week

I have a spare set of electronics just sitting around that I can put in it and get it running, I have a body from a chinese clone that is exactly the same as the mini e revo body, tires, everything to get it running. Oh Iím so excited!

So do yíall have any suggestions for must have upgrades? Iíve read that the stock servo is crap and will die pretty quick, but I have another servo I can throw in it. Also, how can you tell if itís the vxl or standard model.

Hope yall is well this week, happy thanksgiving!!
Old 11-22-2018, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Have had a stock servo for 7 years since they came out in 2011, not a single issue. Only difference between VXL is sticker on body and brushless motor/ESC. Aluminum shock bodies were the biggest upgrade I needed to do, the plastic ones leak like crazy.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the shock upgrade suggestion. I will probably be getting some next week.

I decided to just get a new motor for my merv, and I donít really want to pay 140+ for the vxl3m combo, I have a decent esc thatíll work well for it. Would a
28mm wide X 38mm length brushless motor be a good size, or is that too small? I think the vxl3m motor is 28mm wide. And whatís a good kv rating to look for, around 4000-4500kv maybe?
Old 11-28-2018, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Defenitly a sway bar kit. A must have on all rc's!

Apart from that... after ther brushless conversion... a wheelie bar is a must have. and Trencher 2.2 tires with desperado rims...

Have fun!

Take a look at my also bought used in the year 2012...if i remember right!
https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...e-of-questions!

It's a brand forum, so Moderator's if is any problem the above link... feel free to do whatever you want! I posted it just to share info about this RC of the thread!!