Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
ProTek RC 2S 100C Silicon Graphene HV LiPo Battery > ProTek RC 2S 100C Silicon Graphene HV LiPo Battery
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By EbbTide
  • 1 Post By Djr8505
  • 1 Post By EbbTide
  • 1 Post By tbrymer
  • 1 Post By DMD

ProTek RC 2S 100C Silicon Graphene HV LiPo Battery

Old 02-06-2018, 08:24 AM
DMD
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ProTek RC 2S 100C Silicon Graphene HV LiPo Battery

I was looking for any feedback on the ProTek Silicon Graphene lipos. I have not been able to find any reviews on these batteries but, i went ahead purchased two. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-06-2018, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DMD View Post
I was looking for any feedback on the ProTek Silicon Graphene lipos. I have not been able to find any reviews on these batteries but, i went ahead purchased two. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
I have run the 6100mah and the 4900mah in wheeler and 2wd buggy applications and they have held up really well. I still keep one in my 2wd buggy. Only reason I swapped batteries for my wheeler is to get the weight down a bit Otherwise I'd still be using the Proteks in it.
DMD likes this.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:04 AM
Tech Initiate

So is it true that Graphine batteries are more prone to damage if they are under-volted compared to a traditional LiPo battery?
DMD likes this.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Djr8505 View Post
So is it true that Graphine batteries are more prone to damage if they are under-volted compared to a traditional LiPo battery?
I wouldn't know as I do not attempt to drop my battery voltage that low lol. I think it's safe to say any lipo battery whether graphene or not, is going to be volatile if you mistreat them such as running them below their recommended voltage. Keep the voltage above 3.2v per cell and you should be fine. Going below that in my opinion is asking for trouble.
DMD likes this.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The Protek is good if you can get one that has matched cells. I've had four of them and two were good and two were bad. The bad ones each had one of the cells that wouldn't even get close to what I was trying to charge it to. So if I set the charger to 4.20 per cell, the bad cell would be like 4.17 and the other would be 4.20. The cells would never balance, even after many cycles on the icharger.
DMD likes this.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:15 AM
DMD
Tech Apprentice

Thank you all for the input. I will be using these batteries this weekend and I’ll post my opinions.
EbbTide likes this.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Were you able to race last weekend and what are your thoughts?
Old 02-14-2018, 10:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbrymer View Post
The Protek is good if you can get one that has matched cells. I've had four of them and two were good and two were bad. The bad ones each had one of the cells that wouldn't even get close to what I was trying to charge it to. So if I set the charger to 4.20 per cell, the bad cell would be like 4.17 and the other would be 4.20. The cells would never balance, even after many cycles on the icharger.
I have noticed the same thing. Just got an iCharger and my protek packs are way out of match. Even my retired packs are closer matched after sitting for a year. I pulled them out to test to see if all packs are that far out of match or not. My Motiv packs are within .1 Ohm all the time. The Proteks aren't even close.

That's what I've found, maybe I just got bad ones
Old 02-19-2018, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DMD View Post
Thank you all for the input. I will be using these batteries this weekend and Iíll post my opinions.
well?
Old 02-27-2018, 09:08 PM
DMD
Tech Apprentice

Andybellus,

Sorry for the delay. I was able to run my 17.5 sedan with my 8500 pack. A fellow racer let me use his Icharger 306. He balanced my pack and showed me that each cell was matched. I forgot what the internal resistance read? This being a new 8500 pack, I was expecting a little more punch and speed compared to an older Orca Infinite 6200 that I also run. I did notice that the ProTek had a little more acceleration but, that was about it. On my next practice day, I'm going to compare balance readings and lap times. I am still learning about lipos so feel free to chime in if I screwed up.