lunch box

Old 10-14-2017, 10:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Default lunch box

Hello folks a new member hear,a question if i may,i have just got my sons rc lunch box back off a member of the family after his grandson grew tired of it,i intended to prep it for my grandson,now heres the problem i charged the car battery and put 8 new batterys in the controller,when i turned the car on, and then the hand controller the car had a mind of its own it would not answer to the joy stick.

I had to pick the car up and turn it off,the battery in the car is an old one,i don't know if its the original or been replaced by the last user.

weather that will have any bearing on it i don't know.

Any help would be most welcome.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:36 PM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Do you know if the radio is an older one that uses crystals or a newer 2.4ghz one?
Old 10-15-2017, 08:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for your reply,the the car is about thirty years old give or take a couple,it does have crystals,
i took the body off today and when i put the hand control in forward position the relay stays there, i have to move it manually,while moving the relay arm a few times by hand for a minute or two the car battery died,i'm now thinking the problem is a dud battery,your thoughts would be wellcome
Old 10-15-2017, 09:41 AM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by williambonnie View Post
Thanks for your reply,the the car is about thirty years old give or take a couple,it does have crystals,
i took the body off today and when i put the hand control in forward position the relay stays there, i have to move it manually,while moving the relay arm a few times by hand for a minute or two the car battery died,i'm now thinking the problem is a dud battery,your thoughts would be wellcome
If the battery is 30 years old as well, it's done. Fortunately, you can find suitable replacement packs for not much money these days such as: https://www.amainhobbies.com/gens-ac...-b2000/p698670

I am also going to assume that by relay arm, you mean you have a mechanical speed control. It will need to be cleaned with some motor spray or other suitable electrical contact cleaner after all that time as well to avoid the sticking issue.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:22 AM
Tech Rookie

MarKA your on the button,i bought a new battery and the car is running as it should,thanks a lot for your help.