Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More ROAR questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Jim L read about the vote of confidence in the bylaws thread I just made.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Tech Adept

Well she's seen the thread. She has been PMing me "thanks a lot, Randy" so I know she's read it all. She thinks I've been twisting her words, but I don't agree. I tell it how it is, and I don't take sides here. I've given Homer crap just as much as anyone else I've given crap. I see what's wrong and right and make my decisions based on that.

Randy
Old 07-30-2005, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

I have ONE MORE THING TO ADD, so LISTEN UP! THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Dawn has been getting threatening phone calls at her home. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, and is grounds for a person to be prosecuted. Some people are taking this WAY TOO FAR AND IT NEEDS TO STOP! I know Homer or anyone else here would agree that this should NEVER HAPPEN. If you are guilty, damnit, you need to cut it out and NEVER DO THAT AGAIN. I am very upset that people would do that.

Dawn, I'm hoping it's just stupid 13-year-olds that visit the forum here, and not anyone adult. (Although I guess I wouldn't be surprised either way).

NOT GOOD, DON'T DO IT.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Randy I bet thats not true. Let her record them for us to hear. Let her file a police complaint and show us.

Who would want to hurt a person over toy cars.

Dawn wants people to feel sorry for her.

Since you exposed her she has not come out to play.

If she was right she would be right her battling instead of tucking her tail and running.

Thank you so much Randy for what you did. No kidding.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Randy IM me. homerall
Old 07-30-2005, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You know this is getting ridiculous. I've been involved in r/c racing for over 25 yrs and my family has been in it for over 30 years, 10 of those years with my father being a Regional Director. Through those years i've seen ROAR progress in alot of ways. I read through this entire thread tonight and i've got to say this is the biggest joke. Everybody on here is griping that they can't vote somebody out of office cause the only nominations are done by th ex comm. On the first page of this thread it was stated that the nomination ballot will be in the next RevUp. The bylaw merely states that the nominee must have been a regional director, class committee member, or ex comm member. It doesn't state that the nominee has to currently hold that position. So if I wanted I could nominate my father for vice pres as he was a regional director in the 80's and is still an upstanding member of ROAR. So, this whole belief of friends being nominated is a crock.
It looks to me like Homer is just the next Ernie Provetti. Who for some reason has a bone to pick with ROAR. Ernie in the 80's was big with ROAR and supported them greatly while John Thawley was ROAR Administrator. It seems John and him had a good thing going and were all buddy buddy. Back then Trinity had a good thing going every time ROAR rules were made. Then when John was released of his duties. Ernie all of a sudden became outspoken against ROAR. But you notice, for being so outspoken against ROAR. He sure does love to use their name everytime Trinity wins another ROAR Nationals. But Homer the difference between you and Ernie is everyone knew who he was. Until this last month I've never heard of you and really don't care who you are. Unless you're running for an office in ROAR. And in that case maybe you should stop bad mouthing ROAR and trying to drag it's name and the current officials names through the mud. But instead step up and tell what you've done for the sport in the past, the present, and what you would like to do in the future. Until then stop trying to stir up problems and try providing answers and ideas for problems you think exist. Until then there is no way you'd ever receive my family or my vote.