R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   ROAR Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/roar-racing-74/)
-   -   Stock Nationals (https://www.rctech.net/forum/roar-racing/67483-stock-nationals.html)

dakotah97 03-28-2005 07:38 AM

Stock Nationals

Hi, I had some questions about the Stock Nationals in Arizona in October. I found out that the track has power and I have to rent tables, ezup, and chairs from somewhere. What I need to know is I want to enter my son in Junior Stock (buggy). He usually runs truck also and I wondered if he could enter regular Stock Truck in addition to Juniors? Also, I see that the dates listed are Thursday, 10/20 through Sunday, 10/23. Does that mean practice 10/20 & 10/21 with qualifying and mains on 10/22 & 10/23? I know the race isn't until October but I would like to have a good idea of what is going on before I buy airline tickets from Michigan. Thanks in advance.

Dawn Sanchez 03-28-2005 07:44 AM

Re: Stock Nationals

Originally posted by dakotah97
Hi, I had some questions about the Stock Nationals in Arizona in October. I found out that the track has power and I have to rent tables, ezup, and chairs from somewhere. What I need to know is I want to enter my son in Junior Stock (buggy). He usually runs truck also and I wondered if he could enter regular Stock Truck in addition to Juniors? Also, I see that the dates listed are Thursday, 10/20 through Sunday, 10/23. Does that mean practice 10/20 & 10/21 with qualifying and mains on 10/22 & 10/23? I know the race isn't until October but I would like to have a good idea of what is going on before I buy airline tickets from Michigan. Thanks in advance.
dakotah97 - thank you for your questions. Items regarding specific track requests need to be forwarded to the hobby shop/track management. www.scottsdalerc.com is their website. Regarding tables, as most tracks, they don't have a large supply on hand so usually renting them or arranging to have one sent is what most people do for most large events. This is nothing new.

All ROAR nationals are listed as Friday through Sunday events. Per the rules, national tracks are closed two to four days prior to the first day of racing. I would assume SRS would fall with all other large events and offer open practice from Tuesday to Thursday with Thursday being controlled and first day of qualifying on Friday.

I do not know what classes SRS will be offering in addition to buggy, truck and 4wd. Of course, when we do find out, we will let you know. If your son runs Juniors truck, I believe the rules are clear that he may not run the stock truck class in addition. Of course, I will look it up in the book and post the rule wording.

dakotah97 03-28-2005 07:51 AM

Thanks for your help. The Scottsdale R/C website doesn't have anything listed about the race yet. I know he can't run Juniors Buggy (I was told that Juniors was Buggy) and Stock Buggy. What I wanted to know is can he run Juniors Buggy and Stock Truck (the two different vehicles). Again, any help is really appreciated!!

Dawn Sanchez 03-28-2005 08:23 AM

yes, Juniors Buggy and Stock Truck is fine.

SRS probably won't have much about the event until mid July or August since this is in October. Although, I live here in Phoenix and I'll stop by and ask them their marketing plans. :)

Boomer 03-28-2005 10:05 AM

dakotah,

if you run often, purchasing a table and chair and, especially in the SE (like SoCal and AZ. . . :D ) getting an EZUp are not bad investments.

You can often find decent 3x6 or 3x8 tables at CostCo for around $30. . .and they work great. Unless you have a car. . .in which case, completely ignore me! :lol:

dakotah97 03-28-2005 11:21 AM

I appreciate the suggestion. We have all of that stuff, but we live in Michigan and will be flying if we come. I figured there must be somewhere to rent the stuff that would be cheaper than shipping ours to Arizona and back. In fact, I might take your suggestion and buy it in Arizona and just leave it there. I'm just glad that they have power and I don't have to worry about a generator!!

Boomer 03-28-2005 01:11 PM

:lol: - hadn't considered you flying. . .oops! Like I said, ignore me! :D

Orange 03-28-2005 01:35 PM

Dakotah, you have a pm.

jkohan 03-28-2005 06:49 PM

Dakotah is one of the up & coming racers from Region 5! With the support he has from Mom & Dad, you will see allot of him in the coming years. He did very well at the Winter Midwest Champs again this year.

Orange care good care of this little guy, he just may out qual 80% of the "Adults" there :D (Mom & Dad are great folks as well)

Orange 03-29-2005 08:27 AM

I believe I did, I sent pm saying that he will be taken care of by me for tables, chairs and shade if needed.

As I cannot supply the entire world with stuff, I can and will lend a hand when needed. If I cannot, I will figure out a way to get help as well.

Sean

dakotah97 03-29-2005 09:14 AM

Everyone has been super helpful! Dawn with answering questions and her husband with the loan of table, tent, etc. We were a little concerned with taking him out of school for this long and what it would be like traveling so far and racing but, from the help we have already received from the 'locals' on this forum, we know we will have a great time! Thanks again!

Dawn Sanchez 03-29-2005 09:39 AM

yes, I agree with the taking out of school and that does create problems.....

but, in Phoenix, you don't want to be outside during the summer. October is the only time that was feasible for this track to put on the event.

You will enjoy your time here!! Also, in the RevUP and on the website, you can find our phone number should you have any other questions or if you need anything further.... email is [email protected] or [email protected]

Dawn

Dawn Sanchez 03-29-2005 09:54 AM

Originally posted by jkohan
Orange care good care of this little guy, he just may out qual 80% of the "Adults" there :D (Mom & Dad are great folks as well)
John, no worries.. Orange has it handled.. :)

BTW - missed your call the other night... I'll reciprocate, when's a good time?

jkohan 03-29-2005 10:07 AM

I knew you two would help, you always do :)

Anytime after 6pm EST is fine. I will be around tonight.

nwilcox88 04-04-2005 07:44 AM

Originally posted by jkohan
Dakotah is one of the up & coming racers from Region 5! With the support he has from Mom & Dad, you will see allot of him in the coming years. He did very well at the Winter Midwest Champs again this year.

Could not have said it any better.