Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4 strokes for racing

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Boomer
so, .12 (2) = .26 (4) (I think that's the closest ratio that 4's come in? Is that right?)

Is that normally aspirated?

Is the torque high enough on the .26 to outweigh the HP difference?

(and yes, I know that HP is a derived number. . .but because HP=torque*rpm*5252, and since the 2-strokers can rev SO high, we can't really answer it unless we know some benchmark numbers. . .and I don't have a benchmark setup.)
Boomer, that works out to 2.16666666:1 for the existing 1/10 engines. The 1/8 engine (4stroke) is a .40....a ratio of 1.9.
aspiration is a seperate issue. I don't beleive supercargers are legal on the 2 strokes so, should not be on 4 strokes either.
As far as torque goes; if the 4 stroke guy doesn't have enough torque to translate into competitive speeds, that's his problem!
Let's throw them out there and see what happens!
Might as well start out with a ratio of-2.17:1 (to make it easy on the engine builders--what with them already making one that fits that ratio!).
Old 11-29-2004, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by DerekB
Fact, NOVAk was the only company to push brushless.
not exactly true Derek.... Novak is who presented the basic guidelines for inclusion to ROAR with signatures of 5 (five) other manufacturing representatives.... Novak was the only company to pursue brushless competition in ROAR events by offering sponsorship dollars to host tracks and provide the advertising necessary to promote ROAR national events..... but Novak is not the only company pushing brushless technology and inclusion to ROAR rules.

These five gentleman worked tirelessly on the set of guidelines and Novak presented them to ROAR. This past October meeting, Novak and Reedy were in attendance to promote the guidelines - now with consideration to ALL brushless types.

as always...

Last edited by Dawn Sanchez; 11-29-2004 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

I would love to.

I can't do it now, though - I have to go up to Seattle to watch some poor sap marry my sister. . . I'll be back in a week (I'm taking a train, kind of an enforced time off from work, internet, everything. . .it's been a while).

Once I'm back - yeah, that would be cool. And I will check out that thread.

Yep, it's Jason I was thinking of. . .oops! Good thing I'm just SO good with name, ain't it? Sorry 'bout that.

Boomer, I wasn't insulting you dude, I wa joking that you dont trust a magazine but quoted Tower.

Check out the thread in the 4-stroke development thread and you'll see the dyno graphs with the 4-stroke. Better yet. Since you're local come to the office tonight and see our dyno in action. Brian and I have to dyno a couple of engines and you can see the pudding.

Email me and I'll tell you were the office is.

Ohh, I never worked at Pegasus you're thinking of Jason our photographer.

Stinky1 and Orange, you comments about magazines are typical racer comments who lose sight of the big picture. Not all cars are race cars and therefor cannot be judge like that.

I wonder what kind of real car you have...if it's not a Ferrari it's the biggest pile of crap there is.

I'd love to point out the things we said dont' work, but I'm not trying to convince you of anything. it seems your love for you ROAR has blinded you of other things...just like magazines ROAR needs some attention. Because everything that comes from a ROAR reps mouth is nothing but "good" and doesn't want to hear about change....but I won't get into that here
Old 11-29-2004, 09:45 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Yep, it's Jason I was thinking of. . .oops! Good thing I'm just SO good with name, ain't it? Sorry 'bout that.
No, no, it was Derek. He let his hair down to work at the hobby shop. Until he totalled his car, that is. Then he bought a pepper white Mini Cooper.

Yup, that's how it went down.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by futureal
Derek.

Then he bought a pepper white Mini Cooper.

LOL

not a Ferrari?? total P.O.S. then, I guess...
Old 11-30-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

If I had the choice of a Ferrari and a new GT40......

I would take the GT40

If I had the choice of a Ferrari or a Corvette.....

I would take the Corvette

If I had the choice of a Ferrari or a '68 GT500KR Shelby Mustang

I would take the Mustang

If I had the choice of a Ferrari or a '74 Ford Pinto....

It's a toss-up. I hate European cars.

Last edited by Orange; 11-30-2004 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

GT40--Yes!! agree with you there Orange!
Ferrari over everything else..close call on the vette though.
Mustangs are for GIRLS.
Pinto----hmm. Fill it full of LiPo's and a couple of big brushless motors! Might be fun.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

The new vette is pretty damn cool! This coming from a Ford guy.

For girls?? Only convertible and notchback 65-68 models. You always see girls driving these.

Not the fast backs though.

The Pinto, Make sure you fill the gas tank and put 400 lbs of bottle rockets inside. Then drive into the back of it with a Chevy Blazer. Will make for a good show! BOOOM!
Old 11-30-2004, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

I would love to.

I can't do it now, though - I have to go up to Seattle to watch some poor sap marry my sister. . . I'll be back in a week (I'm taking a train, kind of an enforced time off from work, internet, everything. . .it's been a while).

Once I'm back - yeah, that would be cool. And I will check out that thread.

Boomer, Whenever you're ready to be amazed let me know. The dyno and it's software is nothing short of amazing. Although you've confused me with Jason I'll still let you come see. We've sold 10 dynos to manufacturers already
Old 12-01-2004, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Orange
It's a toss-up. I hate European cars.

Yet... he owns a 2000 Honda Civic... LOL

(came with the marriage in April 2002 )
Old 12-01-2004, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

That would be Japanese Dawn........LOL
Old 12-02-2004, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Orange
That would be Japanese Dawn........LOL

LOL.... nice!!
Old 12-02-2004, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Boomer, Whenever you're ready to be amazed let me know. The dyno and it's software is nothing short of amazing. Although you've confused me with Jason I'll still let you come see. We've sold 10 dynos to manufacturers already
I saw the site and am utterly revising my opinion. When I get back, I would really like to see it.

While many may think I am closed minded - I am actually very open minded if people can show me reality. . .
Old 12-03-2004, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

I saw the site and am utterly revising my opinion. When I get back, I would really like to see it.

While many may think I am closed minded - I am actually very open minded if people can show me reality. . .
Ya no problem....
Old 12-03-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Can you take some pictures of the dyno? Just out of curiosity, how much would something like that cost?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.