Promotions Ideas

Old 02-23-2004, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default Promotions Ideas

So....

everybody has a great idea and what ROAR should do, could do and will do.....

so, lets hear your thoughts!!

Please, keep in mind, negative postings will be removed as well as personal attacks on anybody. Each opinion is worth listening to and understanding... despite if you agree with the answer or not.

I'm available to ROAR members for promotions and I am dedicated to do my best.....

but, I need your help!!
Old 02-24-2004, 05:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi Dawn,

Great that ROAR has a official forum over here !

I have a bunch of ideas, but I will throw on out for now.

What about a Regional Guest program, where ROAR foots the bill to send a race to another region to race ( not a regional ). This way, some ROAR racers can get out and meet others in different regions, and ROAR can give a little back to it memebers. I am sure there are a lot of small details, but it is a thought...
Old 02-24-2004, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TimPotter
Hi Dawn,

Great that ROAR has a official forum over here !

I have a bunch of ideas, but I will throw on out for now.

What about a Regional Guest program, where ROAR foots the bill to send a race to another region to race ( not a regional ). This way, some ROAR racers can get out and meet others in different regions, and ROAR can give a little back to it memebers. I am sure there are a lot of small details, but it is a thought...
Hi Tim, thanks!!! (good to hear from you again!!)

Ok, first of all, great suggestion but for ROAR to foot any bill to send a racer anywhere - well, yes logisitics of finances involved. The membership fees collected, which by the way come to 9 cents a day purely pays for the liability insurance premium for the member, the RevUp publication (required by the non profit status of a regular newsletter), and printing of rule books to send to members on their renewal, the Xtreme Magazine program giving members a free one year subscription, payment of upcoming banners to be given to host national tracks and administrative costs to run the organization..... (plus many, many other things...)

But, I think you have something there that can be done... just not using ROAR funds to that explanation.... can you work up a longer proposal of the idea? The intention? and the projected outcome of this idea...

(see, I have others do the thinking for me... LOL)
Old 02-24-2004, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

oh, this is not a official ROAR site. I asked and was graciously allowed some space here by the webmaster to use for ROAR information since so many people log in here... seemed logical to have a space...

as always, www.roarracing.com is the official site of ROAR and upcoming soon, addition of a message board site there.
Old 02-24-2004, 12:29 PM
Tech Champion

Ok.. so the Not-So official forum....

Is there a requirement for the newsletters to be distributed in Print ?

Seems to me that a bulk of the cost of publications is both the newsletter, and the Rulebook. Cannot they both be distributed electronically for a cost savings ? Maybe make the rulebook available in print ... upon request, not automatic ? The use some of that money for the Exchange program....

Last edited by TimPotter; 02-24-2004 at 12:59 PM.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TimPotter
Ok.. so the Not-So official forum....

Is there a requirement for the newsletters to be distributed in Print ?

Seems to me that a bulk of the cost of publications is both the newsletter, and the Rulebook. Cannot they both be distributed electronically for a cost savings ? Maybe make the rulebook available in print ... upon request, not automatic ? The use some of that money for the Exchange program....
another great idea, which has been discussed.. unfortunately, not every member has internet access (email) and we found when we did monitor email addy's they changed quicker than we could enter the data... although, we could find a way to make the RevUp accessible online to those who request no mailing. In an independent study, we found over 1/2 of the membership requested to maintain the postal mailings of the RevUp.

Yes, a large portion of ROAR funds goes towards the RevUp and mailing.. if you check the financials listed in the Feb/Mar issue, you will see the breakdown of costs.

Old 02-24-2004, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Dawn
I moved from reagon9 to 4 (Texas/Florida) my name is Mark Nortness i race at strickland at Daytona Beach.My idea is for our group to host a charity race.I would like to get some of the Nextel cup racers to join us in a team event to rase money for charity.Since i now live in Daytona thought it would be a good way to get some publicity for the Hobby! You did see Tony Stuart on Speed Channel,Where he talked about his company and The Snowbirds race? I am going to talk to others at our track and see if they would like to try this idea.Now about ROARS part in it ,just thought what an official way to contact Nextel about the idea. What about that new comercial with the drivers racing 1/10 cars in the garage did you see that one ? My point is that the time is right!
The race would be to pair the Nextel drivers with otherR/C drivers to race as a team with there overall points combined to decide the out come,and of course to rase money for a charity. Would ROAR be able to involve it's self in such an event?
Sincerly
Mark Nortness
Old 02-25-2004, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Dawn Sanchez
another great idea, which has been discussed.. unfortunately, not every member has internet access (email) and we found when we did monitor email addy's they changed quicker than we could enter the data... although, we could find a way to make the RevUp accessible online to those who request no mailing. In an independent study, we found over 1/2 of the membership requested to maintain the postal mailings of the RevUp.

Yes, a large portion of ROAR funds goes towards the RevUp and mailing.. if you check the financials listed in the Feb/Mar issue, you will see the breakdown of costs.

Well, while I know where your coming from. If you do an Opt out of the mailing, or the Rule book, If you can save from printing 5000 of each..... that is still a fair amount of money that can be used for other things.

I think the idea of emailing the news, is looking at it the wrong way. Post it on the ROAR web site in PDF format, and you can also archive old issues of the REV-Up for new members to look through. Then you do not have to manange a subscriber email list. Even if this idea is squashed, the Rev Up should be available on the ROAR site.

You may also want to add things to the ROAR web site that make people want to go there. Like a list of all the ROAR champs since the beginning...

Thanks,
Tim

Last edited by TimPotter; 02-26-2004 at 07:02 AM.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

tim - you are right. I am forwarding your ideas on to the Excomm for discussion. Hope you don't mind.

Mark - yes... I have ideas... so does Bill Fraden, the region director.. give him a call or find him on AOL IM as wfraden1. [email protected] is his email. You can call me at 480 699 4722 as well... this is an idea that is worth jumping on NOW!
Old 03-01-2004, 04:05 AM
Tech Master

Dawn
you have pm
Old 03-02-2004, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default Nextel and ROAR

Mark you are so to something that could be a great opportunity for ROAR. I would really like to talk to you about the idea!

Rick Wilson, ROAR President
805-402-0394