Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Commercial/Retail Forums > rcMart.com Mega Online R/C Marketplace
Futaba GYC430 Rate Gyro For RC Cars F1 Drift #GYC430 [GYC430] >

Futaba GYC430 Rate Gyro For RC Cars F1 Drift #GYC430 [GYC430]

Futaba GYC430 Rate Gyro For RC Cars F1 Drift #GYC430 [GYC430]

Old 09-10-2012, 02:53 AM
Shop Owner

Default Futaba GYC430 Rate Gyro For RC Cars F1 Drift #GYC430 [GYC430]

Compact and lightwieght, the GYC430 is designed to RC cars steering control. If the transmitter has 3 or more channels (capable of 3 CH adjustment) the gyro sensitivity can be adjusted from the transmitter. Features include simple set-up and S.SUB/S.BUS2 connectivity.

Item no.: GYC430
Old 03-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Default ordered one to try

I got curious about these so called gyros..drift assist... I had to buy one....from RC mart of course. Gonna compare this one with the teleebee gyro from hobbyking about 1/4 the price of the futaba one. Should get these 2 units in 2 weeks I hope.

I got many vehicles to try it in...more so in my 2wd Ofna TS2 pro and AE rc10t4.2.
I find my 2wd squirrley on loose track...when bashing around. I can do all the setup till kingdom come and still not be quite satisfied.
Will also put it in my AE apex touring 4wd car and see what it can do. It drifts great with 4wd now. Stay tuned for my update..

- if you ain't buying spare parts you ain't driving fast enough -
..sct410, slash 4x4, rc8.2e, T4.2, TS2 Pro, apex TC, 1/16 ford fiesta...
Old 03-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Sounds Good, I was planning to get the futaba one as well. Please share you review when you have got one.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Shop Owner

Godd to hear that. Thanks for your support to rcMart and we hope the Futaba GYC430 Rate Gyro For RC Cars F1 Drift #GYC430 you are getting is exactly what you need
Old 03-16-2014, 08:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default imoressed!

Got my gyro on friday. Thanks rc mart..pretty fast shipping to canada. I installed it into my AE apex touring brushless 4wd and boy was i impressed in the drifting. I thought i was pretty good at drifting..but this gizmo takes it up to a whole new level of fun. Its makes my drifting even better. So it works great on 4wd on rd touring car. I have it setup so well that i don't i wanna take it out and put in on my 2wd. I will just order another one for my 2wd off road...lol... I haven't had a chance to race with my buddies yet. Wanna see if the will notice anything different...lol...so yes...i like this futaba gyc430 giro plus you can change your adjustments on the fly on ch 3 on your radio from normal to avcs. Will update more in 2 weeks..
Old 04-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Default awesome on 2wd sct

Ok, new update....

I put in my Ofna TS2 pro sct 2wd and let it rip on a clay track with jumps.

It was so good in handling I had so much fun not spinning out or walking back down to the track to turn the truck over. It made my 2wd drive like a 4x4.

Gonna try it on the outdoor track this weekend and see what how does on a loose track.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default off rd wet track

I installed it on my associate T4.2 2wd truck and ran it on an off-rd track with some drizzle before it poured...man, it drives like a 4 wheel drive in terms of handling....pretty impressive. Used to always spin out. Now it doesn't want to spin out. No matter how hard I tried try. Now I need to compare with other trucks to compare. Actually enjoyed driving without spinning out now and then. Only draw back it it takes wider turns...compensating spin outs I guess. Unless you go slower then you can do tighter turns.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah, it kinda makes sense that it's going to widen the turning radius in order to avoid oversteer. You were probably able to turn tighter before because you were using oversteer traction from the rear wheels in corners that you didn't end up spinning out. Maybe if you turn down the gain it will allow you to oversteer a bit more?
Old 06-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I got one of these yesterday. Brilliant little device. It turned my Losi Mini SCT from a frustrating spin-out machine to an entertaining way to blow off steam after work. I can still make it spin-out, but I have to do things I know the vehicle is physically incapable of compensating for.