!!Warning!!Screwed by RC Mart

Old 07-29-2006, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i did think part of it was aimed at me ? from previous things said about buying things from overseas shops online. but i do find it hard to support local shops if they cant get the parts i need. im not angry and i am chilled out, just most of the time how you say some things makes me feel as i have to explain myself, not arguing the point, but just explaining. i have spoken to sam about my buying from overseas, he agrees with me, that this is the way things are heading, and doesnt care if i do buy things overseas. he just cant get me the bits im after. its not so much a price thing, but more of a convenience, its delivered to your door. its hard to get time to get to a hobby shop at times, kids always want to do things, go places on a weekend, and sams not open on a thursday night.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Zoom, I am glad you have a LHS that is supprting racing and at a competitive price, which is always goos. Thing is, it isn't the same for everyone. My nearest 'decent' LHS is a 100miles away, the local ones deal only in trains and planes. But then when I buy Tamiya stuff mostly, the price from overseas is so much cheaper you just CAN'T justify buying local.

I do buy batteries, motors, tyres, shells and electrics from the UK though for the distributor backup.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

RCmart.

For people in Canada, RCmart is great. If I buy from the US, I have to pay my provincial sales tax (state tax), plus another tax called the GST (otherwise known as BS tax). This is because Canada Customs watches US shipments like hawks (and US hobby stores are less likely to lower the value like they used to), but Hong Kong is coolio because it is sort of still part of the commonwealth countries/colonies....you know....the ones that sort of sniveled to get independence from Britain instead of kicking their arse to do it Sorry, ramble....

Anyway, RCmart is slow when buying on ebay because of the regular shipping. The shipping itself from HK is quick, its just that RCmart takes awhile to actually ship it.

So, I tried something different. I just bought a HoBao .28 non pull from RCmart's website, and I paid the extra few $$ for EMS HK speedpost. WOW! It was shipped the next morning and got here in 4 days. DIdnt pay a cent in taxes or anything. Plus the engine is a sleeper, its only $109 and runs like a champ.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

......... After my last encounter with them I and the guys have switched over to other online shops instead, it is just not worth the pain.

I wonder where did all the symphatisers went to? cause the last time I posted a thread in here they were all over it in rcmarts defense.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:12 AM
Tech Regular

rcmart has always been good to me. bought stuff prob 20+ times so far and thousands of $$$. got each package withing 1 week or so.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Angry Bury RCMart ASAP!

BringitOn you are one very lucky guy!
I have never had any good luck from them except the very first time i bought.
Then it went down hill some what equivilant to a CLIFF.
I will surely never ever ever ever shop there again...ever!
I would rather pay more and get good service than pay less and get ripped off or stuffed around for nearly 2 months!
Also Vince is the rudest prick you could ever deal with after stuffing me around he was really nasty and rude in his emails to me... rude prick!
I bet if you didn't pay him for 2 months for goods you bought he would get really mad at you then he might now how we feel.
But i doubt it!
Old 08-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

well its not my job to defend them, just giving u my experience with them. and with the thousand os orders they get, looks like their business model is working.

Last edited by BringItOn; 08-12-2006 at 12:57 PM.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Wink

I think that because their prices are so cheap they are short cutting on staff and things get mixed up a lot.
That's why places like Carolinas RC and A-Main Hobbies are so good cause they don't take short cuts.
So yes they are selling a lot of product but no they aren't servicing their customers properly.
That's is the problem and for someone to start a thread on a forum about it then it must have been pretty bad.
I know my experiences where terrible.
Wouldn't you agree?
Old 08-14-2006, 10:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Everyone gets different experiences. Not pointing the finger at anyone, but there are ALWYAS 2 sides of the coin. As I said before, I have had many orders in the past from both RCmart retail and Dinball through eBay...and have also just recently received several orders from them in the last month.

All i can say is... speedy communication (email response within the hour and thank god for the same timezone i say) and speedy shipping. Always.

maybe im one of the luckier ones. And yeh Im in Western Australia... even further away to the rest of the world than u guys over east..

But i am gonna repeat this: I ALWAYS SEND AN EMAIL PRIOR TO CONFIRMING THE ORDER IN WAITING. this way i know EXACTLY whats in stock and whats not.

Get smart, not angry :P
Old 08-15-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

There are far worse, but at least with Dinball, stella and RC Champ, their tracking numbers work, I used another HK based shop recently, for the second time, I forgot about the first time, and had exact same problem, that courier pigeon must of had to make a few stops flying to the UK....
Old 08-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Tech Addict

Cool RC Fart - Pinheadball

Shadows you probably didn't read my first post in this thread.
I sent Dinball 6 emails to confirm my order and payment and didn't get any replies at all.
It wasn't until i lodged a claim with Paypal that they decided to respond to me and then the idiots sent me a payment reminder after i paid them when i bought the items 2 weeks prior.
They did it simpley because they new they new they had stuffed me around and were trying to cover their own arses which was too late.
If they had have replied to my emails everything would have been fine and i would have just bought something else from them instead.
I'm disgusted at their absolute total lack of service.
They got every one of my emails they just didn't bother replying because they knew they didn't have stock of the engine that they listed on eBay.
That is also False Advertising and is against the Law here in Australia and probably in most other countries too.
They shouldn't have listed the engine to start with and none of this would have happened.
They should be banned from eBay as they stuff a lot of people around and that's why their feedback is down to 98% or lower.
There are sellers on eBay that have sold a lot more than them with a perfect or near perfect feedback simpley because they give good service.
I am a very reasonable person and very easy going until someone stuffs me around as much as they did.
If not replying to 6 emails and letting me know where my US$330 order is is good service then we are on different planets my friend.
If it was a small order i wouldn't be worried but it was a large $ order.
Maybe i was unlucky but i tell you what... as long as my arse points to the ground i will never ever buy anything from RCMart or Dinball again... ever!
Shadows this isn't pointed at you my friend i'm just letting you know my side of the story.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

I use them all the time. No problems
Old 08-15-2006, 07:27 PM
Shop Owner

Dear all

As many customers have give comment to our service quality, even it is good or bad. As at this time, I would like to say is that we know we still have a long run to improve our service even we have do better in some area but some is not.

For respone time, we will try our very best to reply every email or message within one or two days. If you have not get respone within a week, don't hesitate to contact us in other method, such as this forum or forum.rcmart.com. It is because there may be the risk of blocking of your email by unknow reason from our ISP or email system error.

If you all have some others suggestion or commned about rcMart or rcMart in ebay. please feel free to let us know.

rcMart.com
Old 08-15-2006, 08:22 PM
Tech Addict

Cool RC Mart SUX!!!

So mr RC-Fart your telling us you don't get emails through ebay?
I sent you 6 damn emails both through ebay and via normal email and you didn't even have the courtesy to respond to one of them because you were false advertising and you knew it.
On top of that when you did reply it was rude, insulting and stupid.
You sent me payment reminders when i had already paid you 2 weeks prior to those stupid reminders.
Try putting yourself in all of us buyers shoes for one minute and think about it!!!
You have now just got on here and spun a whole load of crap so people will think you will try harder to give good service.
Well you don't fool me and i hope no-one else is fooled too by your Bull S*#t.
Just do us all a favor and get off eBay and out of the Hobby Business!!!
You are spoiling it for all the best sellers on there.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've bought quite a bit of stuff from RC-Mart and no problems. I live in Canada.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.