!!Warning!!Screwed by RC Mart

Old 06-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Rule of thumb for ordering online. Test the inventory. Try to order 10, 20, or 30 of the same thing, see if the site knows what the inventory level is. If it never runs out for a ridiculous amount of product then the store isn't keeping inventory and most likely many products you are ordering may not be in stock at all. I do this at all online shops before I order from them.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have had a few things from them, never had an issue. Prompt with emails to. I think sometimes wer forget we are on different continents.

But I still say, if there are 'issues' with missing part orders, then they need to look at their online stock system, or not ship orders till it is complete?
Old 06-29-2006, 02:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SpeedySST
Funny thing, I ordered product from RCMart the same day as I ordered other stuff from a well known company in the US (name witheld) and the package from Hong Kong got here 5 days ago. Still no package from the US company. Go figure.
I shared your frustration, mister. Get this, the US company's initial was HH and if I didn't e-mail them two weeks after it was supposed to arrived on my front door, I wouldn't have known that the item was out of stock in their california warehouse. WOW.

RCmart on the other hand...I've dealt with them five years ago and they haven't change since. People should note that somewhere in the other thread RCmart did mention that the were in the middle of moving to a new facility and that your some of your ordered may be delayed. If you have not received any news from them e-mail them right away. Posting a flame on their thread does not do you any good. Your stuff still isn't on your lap and you'll get more frustrated.

And somebody should notify the mods about Mr. Proud there...he needs to be banned. His comment is totally unexcuseable.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RCmayor
Rule of thumb for ordering online. Test the inventory. Try to order 10, 20, or 30 of the same thing, see if the site knows what the inventory level is. If it never runs out for a ridiculous amount of product then the store isn't keeping inventory and most likely many products you are ordering may not be in stock at all. I do this at all online shops before I order from them.
Not the best idea. Unless you yourself run a store, never (screw) other stores by testing their inventory. Doing your "rule of thumb" just going to worsened other people's problem.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

yep , that's right ... tell him to look himself in the mirror

Originally Posted by Target
no offence... how can people not take offence you have just clumped a large portion of the world into one group. This is one of the most racist remarks i have seen on these forums and im not even asian. If you have nothing of value to input into the conversation please keep your dribble to yourself.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Angry Dinball/RCMart Rip Off False Advertising Con-Artists!!!

Well guys i'm not here to be racist just to share my shocking experience about Dinball/RCMart.

I bought 2 items from them on ebay, paid them straight away through Paypal.
I then sent them 6 email in 2 weeks and got no replies at all.
I then made a claim with paypal to let them know that i haven't received my items or even an email to let me know what was going on.
I then gave them a week to respond and still nothing so i changed it to a full reund claim.
I then get 2 payment reminders from Dinball/RCMart over 3 weeks after i paid them and had filed a complaint with paypal.
They were simpley trying to cover their ass which didn't work.
They then send me an email saying they don't have stock of the motor i had purchased!
Isn't that FALSE ADVERTISING?
False Advertising is illegal where i live!!!
I then had to send them another 3 emails to try to get a further response and finally they told me to cancel my dispute and they would issue me a refund....ha what an idiot they must think i am.
Well i stood my ground and contacted paypal to get my refund back and guess what.
I got short changed $27 due to a so called exchange rate.
Now little do they know that my brother trades currencies and that dollar didn't fluctuate enough to cause me to loose $27 out of $445.
So now i've been ripped off $27 by Paypal and Dinball/RCMart all because they didn't have the item in stock and were false advertising on ebay.

Isn't false advertisiing illegal?
I know it is here where i live?

My advice to anyone thinking of purchasing from them is to pay more somewhere like A-Main Hobbies or Carolina's RC as they have always sent my items immediately, contacted me promptly, and give excellent service which is worth a few extra dollars in my opinion.

They must be the rudest bunch of idiots in RC in the world!!!
Old 07-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Do like I do... Save yourself the headache and buy stuff from www.towerhobbies.com or www.horizonhobby.com
They are affordable and have 99% of anything that any of us need.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

ive never had any problems with purchasing from rcmart retail, with the exception of one time when I placed an order, paid and later found out the parts were not in stock. But i got stock credit back from it.

Ive learnt my lesson and now I ALWAYS sent an email through listing all the items and quantity before pushing the "confirm" button.
I always get a reply back within 24 hours informing me if all or some items are in stock. Never had a problem since.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i have many dealings with RC Mart, first order was perfect all times stated (process time, delivery time) and delivered in the time frame. but several orders later, and i noticed a xtreme downward spiral for processing times, to be fair delivery times are out of their hands due to postal services. but this does not stand with 15 day processing times and after emails sent they then decide to tell you the item is not in stock, "would you like something different or store credit ? " it is more than 4 months since they moved premesis, and things are just as bad as when they did move. now i have noticed shipping cost are twice of other HK online shops, and now they charge a percentage of an order for a NON REFUNDABLE BANK FEE. so the bigger the order the bigger the fee. plus shipping and handling fee is also non refundable. even if you got store credit for $50, you baught $30 of stock they actually had in stock and then they get you to pay for the bank fee and shipping costs, this is not payable by store credit !!!!! come on guys you have been paid the money already. never again will i deal with RC Mart/Dinball. i have found 100% better service and delivery costs and no bank or packaging fees. http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/index.php . very professional, but still lacks store inventory. solution=email them for the items you want and ask if they are in stock ! prompt replies and then you get what you want and if they dont have it then you dont pay for it !!! my 2 cents (RCMart store credit)
Old 07-29-2006, 01:13 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs down

If RCMart/Dinball cannot supply your products within 2 weeks then by law they have to give you a full refund.
If they sold you the item then they took the undertaking that it is in stock.
The case where they don't refund bank fees is a rip off.
Also as you mentioned the bank fees are just to rip you off as the postal fees are twice that of anyone else.
This is why i went to buy from them on ebay to save a few dollars and i just got one huge stressful headache.
I spent over $320US with them and got NO service AT ALL!
I pity anyone who spends less as to what pathetic level of service they will give to them.
I rang Paypal today and demanded that the give me the $27 that they ripped me off and after a few words with the "Supervisor" i got my refund back.
Good work Paypal but Dinball/RCMart is still a bunch of rude idiots that couldn't run chook raffle let a lone a hobby shop.
They advertise low prices and stick it up your ass when you go to check out on high priced postage and dodgey bank fees.
Shop at any store but them please for your own piece of mind.
Even if it costs more it will be worth it... believe me.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

lmao....i would report the false advertising bit...
Old 07-29-2006, 02:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ProudSavageOwnr
lmao....i would report the false advertising bit...
Don't worry i did.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I bought something from RCMart about 2 years ago and had problems even then.

My solution was to start looking for shops in my country that were trying to do the right thing on price. Then the shipping and money transfer and all that stuff was his problem - AND - I can call them and ask about my order or get input on the products I want to purchase.

That kind of thing is worth a couple of extra bucks to me. Guys come and tell me all the time what a bargain some things they bought overseas are but most of the time I can get the same thing locally for a couple of bucks difference and a whole bunch of worry less than buying overseas. I've found lots of shops have good pricing on certain product brands and that's what I will buy from those shops.

My 2c worth.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I too support Local shops ZOOM, i have reciepts for over $500 from perth RC since i went up to pro.i also shop at Stanbridges, the engine and tyres are a Casaval deal, i thaught i explained that, i also agree about the pricing. i was going to buy my tyres from you (ED's) but when i asked you said you only had enough for you. i dont think racing on plastic cuts it. if i have to buy something other than spares for the car i go down there, but i have ordered some things and are on back order indefinately. i have spoken to ED when he comes to the track, the last time i gave him my email and asked for prices and availabilty of certain parts, and i have had no response. i have found parts backing in the city nill. if i needed something urgent, its not available. i dont think any of the shops carry them. there for if i have to get spares for the car, i find my own source, if i think perth rc might have something i need then i do shop there and i think sam can verify that. and i have baught many things from Aussie rc, and if i need something for my ZX, then i will speak to Schmidty.
my 2c refunded
Old 07-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You seem to think my post was aimed at you for some reason.

My post was in general to the dramas experienced shopping overseas.

Chill out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.