Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
RADIO Transmitter for Flight hobbies >

RADIO Transmitter for Flight hobbies

RADIO Transmitter for Flight hobbies

Old 08-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RADIO Transmitter for Flight hobbies

Alright so i'm a new member here and this is my first thread. I didn't know where to go but here. I've been trying to jumpstart my RC flight hobby and I'm looking into a quality radio tranmitter/ controller ebay.com/itm/322638610406 this item caught my eye and seems to be cheap for the other prices but it doesn't come with a receiver. Would I be able to buy a receiver and program it?
Old 08-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samscotter View Post
Alright so i'm a new member here and this is my first thread. I didn't know where to go but here. I've been trying to jumpstart my RC flight hobby and I'm looking into a quality radio tranmitter/ controller ebay.com/itm/322638610406 this item caught my eye and seems to be cheap for the other prices but it doesn't come with a receiver. Would I be able to buy a receiver and program it?
I have several Spektrum based controller from Dx6 to Dx7 i must say avoid it if you wanted to seriously grow into flight hobbies because its not immune to Wifi and Urban 2.4ghz interference (DSM/DSMX protocol). Spektrum are popular because of BNF (Bind N Fly) package out of the box flyer for park size flight and always been subject to FCC radio restriction. Which means people crash a lot when it flew into radio interference area (urban) or lost range due to insufficient "MW" ratings.

Best radio is the one that uses Frysky radio protocol which is the "FRYSKY TARANIS" (https://www.banggood.com/Original-Fr...363706201312DW) well used by starter and Professional both for any flight models including serious long range drone flight. I used the FRYSKY radio protocol too.
Its cheap, you can also improve, mods, reprogram and updates latest firmware to latest standard and the community forumer is huge if you need support from enthusiast. Radio receiver also cheap too. Just google around for more info and you'll realised everyone is on it. If you search my flight videos all of them using FrySky radio protocol, very superior long range capability and immune to interference.

Open tx forum (Frsky): openrcforums - Index page
Rcgroups Frsky Taranis forum: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Telemetry-RSSI