align helis

Old 04-29-2017, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default align helis

can someone explain what the different model designations mean,

looking at a 700 electric, whats the "L" model vs the "X" model, vs the what ever else models they have. thanks,

not looking for a 3D heli. just a good stable flyer to mount something like the DJI gps system on.

any other brand electric heli recommendations also appreciated.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:21 AM
Tech Adept

Have you flown helicopters before? Because if you haven't flying a traditional helicopter is going to be very difficult for you to get used to. Especially something as powerful as a Trex700. If you're interested in aerial photography why don't you just buy a DJI phantom? A quad copter/drone is easy to fly and a much more stable aerial platform for photography plus most of them come with software that controls altitude in position based off GPS lock. Many you can also program in a flight path for it to fly so you can just control the camera. Is there a reason you're set on a trex700?
Old 06-02-2017, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

thanks for the response,
first off, yes I have and do fly helicopters, yes I also have a DJI Phantom, I want a 700 size heli cause I've already had a 600 size. but now I want bigger cause I'm looking at something to install the DJI type GPS/stabilization to it.

do you have a 700 or know anything about the different model letters? that was the question...
Old 06-05-2017, 07:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
thanks for the response,
first off, yes I have and do fly helicopters, yes I also have a DJI Phantom, I want a 700 size heli cause I've already had a 600 size. but now I want bigger cause I'm looking at something to install the DJI type GPS/stabilization to it.

do you have a 700 or know anything about the different model letters? that was the question...
I don't own a 700. My biggest is a 500. The L I'm pretty positive is in L for long meaning the tailboom is longer. Your specific questions would probably be better asked on the Helifreak website as that is the side completely dedicated to helicopters. Lots of very knowledgable people on there that could probably give you the exact answers you're looking for