Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tricopter Troubles

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 06:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Tricopter Troubles

I had a working Tricopter - David's RCExplorer v.3 using Cleanflight Naze 1.12.0. I've been in school and have not had time to work on it until l recently. When I connected it to Cleanflight, it forced me to upgrade to 2.0.2. Now I can't get the front two motors to spin. I can connect them directly to the receiver and they work, so it is not a wiring problem as far as I can tell.

It recognizes all the inputs from my transmitter in the correct direction. On the motors tab in Cleanflight, here is what is happening:

Master control
Motors 1-3 on the screen go from 1000 to 2000 when I raise and lower the master control. What happens on the tricopter is the rear motor (motor 1 in the schematic on the screen) goes from zero to full throttle and it tilts from far left to far right (far right at full throttle, far left at zero throttle).

Motor 1 control
Controls servo only when I raise and lower it

Motor 2 control
Controls nothing

Motor 3 control
Controls speed of the rear motor (motor 1)

I tried going to RCExplorer and downloading David's .dex file and flashed my Naze 32 rev 6 with that. . . Same issue.

I'm using a CPPM connection from an OrangeRx receiver if that makes a difference.

The channel mapping is correct. Pitch, yaw, roll, throttle, and 3 Aux channels all look correct on the receiver tab.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm stumped.