Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
Just took up cp helis..how do you have time for anything else? >

Just took up cp helis..how do you have time for anything else?

Just took up cp helis..how do you have time for anything else?

Reply

Old 01-14-2017, 02:43 PM
  #1  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 72
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Just took up cp helis..how do you have time for anything else?

After receiving a FP heli, I was hooked! After a few successful flights (and crashes) I jumped to my first CP..the Blade Nano..How do you all have time for both rc cars and flying? There is not enough time in the day!

howaboutme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:03 PM
  #2  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
xl-racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,095
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

There are always time for everything in one day just need to do proper timetable management. Below are my usual daily schedule.

My R/c schedule
5.30am - Wakeup, bath, breakfast
6.30am - Flying plane, fpv, drone
8.00am - Working/office
12.00pm - Lunchtime, play R/c car, desktop jeep crawling, R/c blogging
2.00pm - Working/office
5.00pm - Finish work, go nearby field R/c flying with buddies
7.00pm - Reached home, bath and dinner
8.30pm - Building R/c stuff, email, forum and maintenance.
10.00pm - Charging some li-po battery for next day R/c model activities
11.30pm - Sleep.
-------------------

Both my home and my workplace/office have equal amount of R/C tools for me to be able to do my R/C activities in different places. Which is why i able to post lots of personal R/C activities everyday 24/7. I always carry big toolbox contain my R/C trucks, cars, drones and my backpack carry big planes in and out of home and office. Even my transport (Sedan) also well prep to carry, store and tools for my R/C. That's what make my everyday R/C life an awesome adventure. Just need to be smart enough to prepare everything so R/C is accessible anytime anywhere.
xl-racing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:11 AM
  #3  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 72
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

That is an unbelievable schedule. I believe you have an addiction and you need help, quickly!
howaboutme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:41 AM
  #4  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
xl-racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,095
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Dr Phill says i'm oke its normal, its manly thing to R/c. Which is why we are here at Rctech.net forum.

Welcome to my hangar:
xl-racing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:44 AM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
xl-racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,095
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Here what i'm doing during spare time in the office. Don't waste time, have fun R/c where every you are. You're practicing your rights to R/C.

Video:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73z5v6o4G1s

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHTfuoKUqm0
xl-racing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:31 AM
  #6  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 72
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

You have a much more accommodating office than I do!
howaboutme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:12 PM
  #7  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 85
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Cp helicopter is challenging but once the hang of it they are a ton of fun. I fly a brushless mcpx along with to 450x. Use the mcpx for training and new moves..
racerkilla is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:53 PM
  #8  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 113
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by xl-racing View Post
There are always time for everything in one day just need to do proper timetable management. Below are my usual daily schedule.

My R/c schedule
5.30am - Wakeup, bath, breakfast
6.30am - Flying plane, fpv, drone
8.00am - Working/office
12.00pm - Lunchtime, play R/c car, desktop jeep crawling, R/c blogging
2.00pm - Working/office
5.00pm - Finish work, go nearby field R/c flying with buddies
7.00pm - Reached home, bath and dinner
8.30pm - Building R/c stuff, email, forum and maintenance.
10.00pm - Charging some li-po battery for next day R/c model activities
11.30pm - Sleep.
-------------------

Both my home and my workplace/office have equal amount of R/C tools for me to be able to do my R/C activities in different places. Which is why i able to post lots of personal R/C activities everyday 24/7. I always carry big toolbox contain my R/C trucks, cars, drones and my backpack carry big planes in and out of home and office. Even my transport (Sedan) also well prep to carry, store and tools for my R/C. That's what make my everyday R/C life an awesome adventure. Just need to be smart enough to prepare everything so R/C is accessible anytime anywhere.
lol...I'd like to see how this schedule changes with kids.
lexyp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:16 PM
  #9  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 34
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lexyp View Post
lol...I'd like to see how this schedule changes with kids.
Ha ha +1 . Ahhh the single life, I remember it well.

My schedule:

Wake up, make coffee. Drive my twin teens to school. Go back home make my other daughters lunch and bring her to school.
Work, lunch (not usually), work some more. Pick up my daughter from school,
homework, family time. Do some dreaming of RC, dinner, possibly tinker with quads, cars or helis. Kids go to bed I do some tinkering maybe fly around in my basement then bed. If nothing is going on on the weekend I get to play.
ponchota is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 04:47 PM
  #10  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 113
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Wish I got into RC before I got married...but when I think about it some more, I may not have gotten married if I got into RCs. hahaha.
lexyp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 05:11 PM
  #11  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 72
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I'm lucky to have 1 hr to do my rc stuff! Sometimes I am working on my project with my young ones screaming non-stop in my ear.

Try learning to fly a CP w/ that as background?
howaboutme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:00 PM
  #12  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 113
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by howaboutme View Post
I'm lucky to have 1 hr to do my rc stuff! Sometimes I am working on my project with my young ones screaming non-stop in my ear.

Try learning to fly a CP w/ that as background?
1 hour? I'm lucky to have 5 minutes without having to break up a fight between my 2 toddlers fighting over everything.
The last time I tried to make a serial battery connector with them around me, I thought I had done an amazing job given the 20+ interruptions I had and ended up realizing I soldered the female instead of the male end.
If this hobby doesn't teach you enough patience, kids will definitely do that.
lexyp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:15 PM
  #13  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 72
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lexyp View Post
1 hour? I'm lucky to have 5 minutes without having to break up a fight between my 2 toddlers fighting over everything.
The last time I tried to make a serial battery connector with them around me, I thought I had done an amazing job given the 20+ interruptions I had and ended up realizing I soldered the female instead of the male end.
If this hobby doesn't teach you enough patience, kids will definitely do that.
Best time of the day? Kids bed time! haha..
howaboutme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:40 PM
  #14  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 113
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Yup, the sweet 2 hours that we parents get to ourselves everyday. Can't stay up too late though because the little angels wake up early. Funny because all I ever remember from my own childhood was wanting to sleep in.
lexyp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:44 PM
  #15  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 113
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I'll stop hijacking this thread...started up another one in the chat lounge in case others want to rant more on this subject.
lexyp is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service