Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
New to QuadCopter World, advices needed About JJRC X1? >

New to QuadCopter World, advices needed About JJRC X1?

New to QuadCopter World, advices needed About JJRC X1?

Old 12-14-2015, 06:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New to QuadCopter World, advices needed About JJRC X1?

Hello all my name is Fumi and i'm new to the quadcopter world. Since i was a kid i wanted a flying toy but i never had one, and im thinking getting one now. I have found the JJRC X1 which the price is now high. i dont want to spend so much money since its my first one, and i want to be carefull with it.What do you think guys about this quadcopter? is it any good?

here are some pictures i found and also a video demonstration

since im new i cant post links but here is the ID of youtube video
watch?v=T5LaF3e4nsE

i have found this quadcopter for just 120$ what do you think?

thanks in advance
Old 12-22-2015, 03:55 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm in the same boat, I'd like to know some experts opinion before I spend money on my first quadcopter.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:48 AM
STB
Tech Rookie

I began flying quads 6 weeks ago. I lost my first, a $200+ video-drone, to the wind! My advise now, buy a Dromida Vista, $80 and learn on that. Lots of Youtube this one.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

The biggest problem with x1 is the delay/respond of the yaw and short range from what I've been hearing on other forum site. I believe this is the very first step JJRC to go brushless on toy grade quadcopter and I personally don't recommend them for beginners instead buy something small and cheap like the jjrc 1000 or H8 mini.
I like the look of X1 so I'm building one from scratched and use different esc, fc, & receiver.

You can read more about the x1 @ rcgroups.com
Old 02-04-2016, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

We've just bought our kit quad and we own a Typhoon Q500 we got for Christmas, prior to that having a great time with the Ominus.

Quads are purpose built and very few will be truley mutlifunction. You have to decide early what it is you want to do. You can FPV, or AERIAL VIDEO, General flying, 3D and FPV racing. Perhaps you want a endurance version, or a large heavy lift to take on the wind. GPS is required if you want a perfectly still hover, this takes space. FPV requires addition cameras, Wifi transmitters and antennas.

Each flavour of Quadcopter will have it's own niche to fill. Using larger low RPM motors with large props on a lightweight chassis and you can fly for over 30 mins. You won't be getting any awards for acrobatics, it's designed for efficiency, not performance.

There's always the problem of weight and simply using a bigger battery wont solve the problems of flight time, it'll just get hotter and eventually fall out of the sky. So there's a pile of criteria to decide on before you choose.

Anything lightweight and lower powered is going to get buffeted by the wind, go too big and you'll be investing in it, there's no such thing as cheap, light and powerful. The heavier you go, the more expensive it gets. There are ways to stabilise by using bigger props, it will be less agile, but can create more thrust than a smaller prop...

So, the point is, there's no correct answer to what is the best quad. They aren't too difficult to build, there's plenty of cheap options out there, but as RC guys we know that good radios and receivers arent cheap either and the radio gear can cost you more than the quad.

Hexa is becoming more popular as it's a means to prevent total failure if one motor or speed controller fails.

Good luck, it's not too hard to build, the hardest thing is to decide which one and in what configuration!