Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Dallas Doll" E-Flite P-51D Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 11:41 PM
Tech Addict

That sucks Greg!

I can honestly say (knock on wood) that I don't have any parts and pieces laying around. I haven't had a really bad crash in a few years.........other than my Super Cub, and that didn't require anything except a new cowl lol

I am sure I am due......in fact this post will probably make me crash tomorrow.....lol

GB
Old 06-07-2015, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

I have learned to fly very well. Not looking for a pat on the back or nothing. I push the envelope on about any plane I fly. Ever since I crashed the carbon Z cub while inverted, I've been flying just about everything I have inverted to overcome the fear that I get every time I get a plane upside down. LOL It's been working so far. The ArtiZan is the best all around plane to fly inverted that's in my stable right now. I bet I have 50+ flights and no crashes. I've had it about 2ft off the ground inverted for about 50 yards and that was nerve racking enough. I also throw caution to the wind when landing. I'll dive from 100ft or more and skim the ground just inches off the ground until the plane scrubs speed enough to touch down. Another thing I do is, I'll fly in a circle maybe a foot off the ground! As I get closer I push it even more. Haven't cartwheeled, yet. LOL Now you can understand why I have piles laying around. Hahahaha
Old 06-08-2015, 09:59 PM
Tech Addict

HAHAHA!

Yep, you and I are opposites in that regard. I don't do inverted very much due to a bad crash with my UMX Habu. It still flies fine, but it was PERFECT in the air before that crash. I also did it in front of my g/f at the time and that made it even worse.

I have more fun just doing relaxing flights due to my job offering me up plenty of stress as it is.

Check out the off-road Corsair video I am about to post
Old 06-10-2015, 04:33 AM
Tech Elite

I madiened the Dallas Doll yesterday evening. OMG what a plane. It almost looks real flying by. I didn't have any problems. The trim was so close that a click or two was all it needed. Very scale flying plane. I will definitely need to get used to the landing gear.