Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
Blade Nano QX quad-copter with SAFE Technology Unboxing, Review, and Maiden >

Blade Nano QX quad-copter with SAFE Technology Unboxing, Review, and Maiden

Blade Nano QX quad-copter with SAFE Technology Unboxing, Review, and Maiden

Old 11-19-2013, 10:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GregH View Post
I had this little sucker out the other day and flew it in agility mode and managed a not to pretty back flip. It flipped but it was shaky. lol It's more fun in stability mode. Less stressful. hahaha
I like less stress myself!

Originally Posted by alextronique View Post
@GBLynden

just order one.....your fault i already own a MQX this one is realy fun too... a good machine for the one want to learn face hovering.
Hahaha! Enjoy!!!
Old 11-20-2013, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

I flew this little bug in agility mode for 4 batteries while in moderate to heavy wind. I had it in a hover while the wind was blowing. I realize now that when in agility mode, you have to make every correction or counter move. It will just keep going in the direction you tell it too until you change it's direction. If that makes any sense? I set the expo to 40% on all the channels and it flies much easier in agility. Matter of fact, now that I understand whats going on, I can fly it as good in agility as I can in stability! It's a bit stressful but fun none the less.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:16 AM
Tech Addict

I flew this little bug in agility mode for 4 batteries while in moderate to heavy wind. I had it in a hover while the wind was blowing. I realize now that when in agility mode, you have to make every correction or counter move. It will just keep going in the direction you tell it too until you change it's direction. If that makes any sense? I set the expo to 40% on all the channels and it flies much easier in agility. Matter of fact, now that I understand whats going on, I can fly it as good in agility as I can in stability! It's a bit stressful but fun none the less.
That is great!
Old 11-22-2013, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

As much fun as it is with the Nano, I'm leaning heavy towards the Latrax Alias. They state as one of the features, that it comes with a "lifetime" warranty on electronics! That's hard to beat considering they claim it to be virtually indestructible. Then the price is right on the money as well. It's going to be hard to NOT buy one let me tell ya. LOL I talked to the lhs (Hobbytown USA) and told them as soon as they get them I want one. Guess it's already a done deal. LOL
Old 12-05-2013, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

I'll hold off on the Latrax and go with the 180QX.

I've managed to do flips with the Nano. So far I've done 3 flips in a row! All in agility mode. I've done forwards, backwards and side to side flips.

Even in agility mode it has some self leveling that happens when you flip it and let the stick go to center. It only seems to work for that one second but it allows the pilot to regain control.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Tech Addict

I just saw that 180QX. It looks interesting to say the least.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

Our nano qx came defective. ..not happy pos.charged the battery .plug it in and only 3 motors move ......I guesses its going back to the lhs
Old 12-28-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hotrod306 View Post
Our nano qx came defective. ..not happy pos.charged the battery .plug it in and only 3 motors move ......I guesses its going back to the lhs
Hopefully your lhs will exchange it since it was bad right out of the box. They really are a lot of fun to fly. I just got done flying mine around in the garage.

I know your frustration though. I have to send my 180 qx back to Horizon as well as the BL50 motor out of my Carbon Z Cub! Yeah, I can't fly it until they get me a new motor. Today is a perfect day to fly too. No wind, very light breeze, sunny and very clear, maybe a bit chilly at 45 but otherwise a great day to be flying. I have other planes I could fly but the big bird is a thrill to fly. Especially on those low fly by's....

Good luck and let us know if they took care of it.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hotrod306 View Post
Make sure you set it down flat and give it enough time to set itself. Mine has the same issue if I don't.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:28 PM
Tech Addict

I talked John into flying his Nano QX quadcopter in cold wind the other day and I caught this footage while he did his thing. We were both pretty cranky when we started but we both left pretty happy once we were done. RC aircraft like this are better than Prozac!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

He needs to fly it in agility mode. :-) It will hover in wind.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've got one of these and it's great. Anyone try the 45c e-flite cells? Wondering how it flies compared to the 25c that came with it.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

He needs to fly it in agility mode. :-) It will hover in wind.
He had to change his TX to go into that mode. We made a video of him with it for his channel. I will post in here later on if I remember lol

Originally Posted by thehighroad View Post
I've got one of these and it's great. Anyone try the 45c e-flite cells? Wondering how it flies compared to the 25c that came with it.
I will let him try my 45C batts and see how it goes.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:49 AM
Tech Rookie

It's small but cute, no camera right?
Old 12-11-2014, 03:43 PM
Tech Addict

The newest version comes with an FPV system on it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.