R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight

Old 06-10-2013, 02:33 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default RC Helicopter

What Kind Of RC Helicopter Should Buy? can anybody list all the best RC Helicopter....
colin222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin222 View Post
What Kind Of RC Helicopter Should Buy? can anybody list all the best RC Helicopter....
Hello!

I think the best model Align T-Rex 450. As I see it, this is the most popular model, the average size. Though I myself started with the smallest in the series - T-rex 100 and then T-rex 450 sport.

You can read specs and see video here rcroller.com/helicopter-kits/align-t-rex-450/
Nevelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

It's going to depend on your experience level. I have flown a few rotary-wing birds, but I only own two. E-Flite Blade 450 3D (a supreme challenge to fly), and a Syma S-107 (very forgiving, and a great place to start if you've never flown a rotary-wing bird).

The Syma is basically an MCX2, but extremely cost-effective ($20 if you find it at the right time). The only issue with the Syma is that the radio is IR instead of RF. Short-range and designed for indoor flight.

Again, it depends on your experience. I jumped right in with my Blade (the first RC bird I owned), but I have a keen understanding of the science behind flight.

Helis can be a lot of fun, but when you first start out, they can be very disappointing if you crash them.

The Short Answer:
Find a bird you are comfortable with, you like the looks of, fits your experience level, and you don't mind flushing the money spent down the toilet in case you are like 95% of heli pilots and crash within the first 30 seconds the first time out.
haronfrehbycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:45 AM   #4
Tech Initiate

Syma S107/S107G R/C Helicopter - Yellow.
JXD 4 Ch Indoor Infrared RC Gyroscope Helicopter.
Syma S102G 3-Channel RC Helicopter.
Coast Guard Rescue RC 3.5CH Gyro Helicopter Mini Infrared Remote Controlled SYMA Heli S111G.
You can check out these models
Charles gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

I would recommend the Blade Mcx or Mcx2 mainly because Blade parts are easy to find. Keep in mind with your first copter you will crash a few times so parts are something you want. If you dont want the conventional style looking heli's Look at some of the small quads Like the blade Nano QX or 1SQ. Nice thing about a quad is that it can go outside unlike the co-axial copters like the Mcx. I have a 1SQ and have flown the nano several times and the 1SQ flies alot better outdoors then the Nano when it comes to wind. Hope that helps
Lawanater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Goblin 770 or the new trex 800 Pro DFC. Go big or go home.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:01 AM   #7
Suspended

If you are searching RC Helicopters then i will suggest you that please visit Nitrotek.I am also using RC Helicopters since last two years and i puchased all of my modles from here and i found this site at their best because the variety of all types are available at very reasonable prices.

Regards.
Andy.
Andy159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #8
Tech Rookie

Starting from scratch, it is hard to beat Blade helis or quads. You can buy RTF (ready-to-fly), which includes a transmitter. If you get into helis, that transmitter will be 100% worthless, but if you don't, you didn't lose much.

Most folks start with a coaxial, which you can fly in your house, but forget trying to fly outside. They are pretty easy to fly and inexpensive to repair. From there, there are some fixed-pitch options like a Blade 120 SR, MSRX, and some others. I mention these two because one has a flybar and one doesn't. Fixed-pitch helis with flybars are easier to hover, but aren't necessarily easier to fly as the flybar is always trying to level the heli, bringing it to center. A fixed-pitch with flybar combined with any wind is also a really bad combination. These are best flown outdoors on extremely calm days. The nice thing is, something like the 120 SR can be hovered in the house, garage, etc. You probably can't do much "flying", but you can learn hovering (probably the most important thing to learn with a heli) indoors.

From there, you can go to a collective pitch heli like a Blade MCPX. These are excellent collective pitch "trainers", are inexpensive, very durable, and parts are very accessible. These are much more difficult to fly and really require a 6 channel+, computerized radio. Once you've got some time under your belt with a sub-micro collective pitch heli, you can branch out to larger sizes and other brands. T-Rex makes quality hardware, but starting with something like a T-Rex 450 is asking for trouble (IMO). T-Rex helis come as a kit, so you will have to put together in the beginning, though sometimes you can purchase pre-assembled from certain stores. You will crash and you will have to replace a lot of parts. Your repair time would likely exceed your actual time in the air, 10-fold if you're very lucky. I know there are people who have gone straight to a 450, installed training gear, and proceeded to tear-it-up over and over until they learn to fly it. In my opinion, this is neither cost effective nor fun.
Jcjrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:14 AM   #9
Tech Apprentice

Its all depend on your experience.If you are beginner first you try
2.4Ghz 4 Channel Large Metal Remote Control Helicopter
Apache AH-64 Feral-Beast 4 Channel Remote Control Helicopter - 2.4GHz
4 channel remote controlled helicopter Carbon
and then go to the next level.Hope it is best for you.
judithangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:02 AM   #10
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What about a blade BO105 redbull micro 3 channel for a beginner?
fireman7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #11
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman7c View Post
What about a blade BO105 redbull micro 3 channel for a beginner?
It's a good beginner but once you get the hang of it(in a short time) you will get bored real quick. I'd recommend a 4-Channel Co-ax such as the MCX2. I started with that, bought the Blade MSR BNF, Blade 450 RTF then the MCPX V2 BNF to practice collective. If you go with Blade products, the transmitter that comes with the MCX2 will work with the MCX/MCX2/MSR/MSRX/120SR. Great support and it seems like all local hobby shops carry the parts in stock.
j sirhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #12
Tech Initiate

Default It all depends...

Hello,

It all depends which type of copter you are looking for, but if you are looking to get started into the hobby, but want to eventually learn more, this would be a great starting place! It is a small quad copter that can fly inside, and outside, as well as do flips and take pictures and video for just $130! It's a pretty good deal! Hope this helps a little, as that is why we do what we do!

-TheRcSaylors

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:53 PM   #13
Tech Rookie

5-10 seconds for some
(closer to 5)

I need an option to phone a heli expert....
birdy wont start up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by haronfrehbycon View Post
It's going to depend on your experience level. I have flown a few rotary-wing birds, but I only own two. E-Flite Blade 450 3D (a supreme challenge to fly), and a Syma S-107 (very forgiving, and a great place to start if you've never flown a rotary-wing bird).

The Syma is basically an MCX2, but extremely cost-effective ($20 if you find it at the right time). The only issue with the Syma is that the radio is IR instead of RF. Short-range and designed for indoor flight.

Again, it depends on your experience. I jumped right in with my Blade (the first RC bird I owned), but I have a keen understanding of the science behind flight.

Helis can be a lot of fun, but when you first start out, they can be very disappointing if you crash them.

The Short Answer:
Find a bird you are comfortable with, you like the looks of, fits your experience level, and you don't mind flushing the money spent down the toilet in case you are like 95% of heli pilots and crash within the first 30 seconds the first time out.
FlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #14
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

A sab goblin or a tdr are some of the best well crafted helis time and detail went into the kits. They are both top notch won't be dissapointed with either
Mugen Seiki, Hitec, UpgradeRC, Spektrum, SAB Goblin
MarkRC is offline   Reply With Quote