Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas Goes Airborne!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by eclipse07
You can actually buy the Hubsan on ebay right now with free shipping. No need to order from China.
cool, just wish amazon had it too. I dont like ebay and paypal that much.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Traxxas doesn't make it a chinese factory makes it and puts their logo on it. I may not work for traxxas but I do know how Items such as the qaudcopter are made.
Those other helis were tested then modified and sent back to the chinese factory. Like I said to do improvements you have to do it yourself. Now since the factory has it they are able to sell the design to others, a U.S. copyright does not hold up within China so they are free to do so. If traxxas is different then it is only a matter of time that the other ones will be exactly the same.

Unless you worked in the engineering department you being an employee does not mean anything. Your facts are not real they are just something you have heard within the company.

I bet you can email the main distributer and can get the exact same helicopter as the traxxas. Of course you have to buy a minimum order to actually get them. I have worked directly with Chinese factories so yes I do know what I am talking about.
I am happy that you have worked for a Chinese factory before. Good for you. Too bad this heli isnt manufacturered exclusively in China. We have multiple facilities.
Everything that you are saying are common-sense assumptions that 99% of the people think......you have NO NEWS TO REPORT.....just because your brain is working normally, doesent mean that you are right.... :-)
It isnt the same helicopter, I know this and I am letting people know who are interested.
I am trying to let folks know the facts, because SOME info on this heli isnt correct.

So, go ahead and contact the main distributor....you will probably get me, lol :-)

Last edited by Happy Meal; 11-25-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jdr00ejr
HappyMeal - when do these things arrive?
Beginning to mid-December. They are not on the water yet....our facility is still building the newest car, the Platinum and the Rally. The Helis will start after that .
You would think that we could just get them right away since someone else is making one...oh, wait, I forgot...its not the same heli..my bad :-)
Old 11-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Happy Meal
Beginning to mid-December. They are not on the water yet....our facility is still building the newest car, the Platinum and the Rally. The Helis will start after that .
You would think that we could just get them right away since someone else is making one...oh, wait, I forgot...its not the same heli..my bad :-)
Well Happy Meal, I commend you on defending your company and product. But sometimes if it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck.... you know the rest. I am highly doubtful that it is just "coincidence" that the two machines look identical in every way AND that the transmitter is identical in every way, yet you are trying to convince people this as a unique TRX design...

Oh wait! I've got it! The Traxxas designer has some weird psychic channeling connection to the other side of the world......spooookkkyyy!!

In all seriousness.... The disapointment here is that for the most part, Traxxas doesn't do this (rebranding). It's one of the things we all admire about them.... It is disappointing to see them sell out, kinda like a rock band selling out to a top 40's sound. It comes down to chasing the $$. Greed is human nature sadly. Traxxas is not immune......

Changing the charger and adding a battery doesn't instantly make this a traxxas design.... I have a hubsan and looking at the pictures.... it's exactly the same down to the mold lines. You are saying the internals are different.... Okay, fair enough..... you may be right ..... and we have no way of knowing until they are here..... So.... Guess we'll continue this later then.....

quack quack....
Old 11-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Happy Meal
There is a wait time when a manufacture has the go to make different designs of the product. You can't just say I want my logo and I want it to be this color and be done by next week. It just doesn't happen especially when you order a high qauntity.

You know Traxxas doesn't make their products here in the United States they send them overseas. You should have known this right since you work for them...

I also emailed the main distributor so unless you live in China then it isn't you.

Last edited by eclipse07; 11-12-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:07 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Ok guys, you sound like a bunch of chackling women... So they look the same big deal. The problem I have with Traxxas is their R/C's are looking more and more like toys and I am affraid you will be seeing them on wal-mart shelves next to the New brites and tycos. Another issue I have is Traxxas is trying to brand every full scale race market, I understand what they are doing but really?? Lets get back to what R/C is about....
Old 11-13-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gduits
Well Happy Meal, I commend you on defending your company and product. But sometimes if it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck.... you know the rest. I am highly doubtful that it is just "coincidence" that the two machines look identical in every way AND that the transmitter is identical in every way, yet you are trying to convince people this as a unique TRX design...

Oh wait! I've got it! The Traxxas designer has some weird psychic channeling connection to the other side of the world......spooookkkyyy!!

In all seriousness.... The disapointment here is that for the most part, Traxxas doesn't do this (rebranding). It's one of the things we all admire about them.... It is disappointing to see them sell out, kinda like a rock band selling out to a top 40's sound. It comes down to chasing the $$. Greed is human nature sadly. Traxxas is not immune......

Changing the charger and adding a battery doesn't instantly make this a traxxas design.... I have a hubsan and looking at the pictures.... it's exactly the same down to the mold lines. You are saying the internals are different.... Okay, fair enough..... you may be right ..... and we have no way of knowing until they are here..... So.... Guess we'll continue this later then.....

quack quack....

Nope,
I never said that it was a Unique TRX design. You guys are saying that.
I only stated the facts:
-We have tested and rejected every Heli that has been mentioned on this forum a long time ago
-the internals on our heli are not the same as these
-the heli flies SIGNIFIGANTLY better than every quad mentioned
-they arent made only in China and are made in our facilities exclusively

I am not so much defending the product as I am correcting someone's opinion with fact (not yours, the other person who says that he worked for a manufacturer in china).

When it comes to products that Traxxas makes (that I have raced or flown), I routinely highlight the advantages of our product AND offer alternatives to products that we make that need improvement....so, I am definitely Switzerland on the issue on whether a particular product is good or bad. I am not on RC tech to sell stuff, I am on here to:
-race
-Let people know about new product that might interest them
-to help out my drivers (I Manage the team drivers for Traxxas' small R/C Race Program).

The thing about this thread is that I am simply offering extra info that people do not know....this isnt because it is a secret, its simply because the heli isnt out yet.......so you arent given the opportunity to try it out yourselves yet.

If you flew the quad, and have flown others, you will immediately tell that there is a difference between them...

I was hoping that this info would help, but no one seems to believe me, lol (which is cool, no biggie), so I will leave you guys alone on this thread to discuss among yourselves.

Last edited by Happy Meal; 11-25-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

Worked with not for. As in i have made custom orders from factories.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So does that mean that Traxxas bought Hubsan or the tooling for the transmitter and quad?
Will Hubsan continue to sell their version? Traxxas didn't design it but make it in their facility? I am confused. Since Traxxas makes the quad I wish they would have changed the cosmetics of the tx and quad so it doesn't look exactly like the Hubsan and this thread would only be 1/2 this long.

I also have a Hubsan quad (and have really enjoyed it) and look forward to getting one of the Traxxas versions to compare. I hope it really is as good as Happy says it is.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

you "rejected" quads like the x4? So you tested them out to find out what base you wanted, and then changed a few things?

The internals MAY be different, and only happy really knows that for sure, at least until it comes out and someone opens them both up to see what makes them tick. Even if the pcb looks the same, it may be the same pcb, but different components on it. The radio part is likely exactly the same. Happy almost admitted that the transmitters are the same across all the quads mentioned.

I give happy credit for some stuff here. He is trying to tell us some good info about the quad since nobody else is. He is willing to give up some info about it, but everyone keeps going back to the same argument. I (work at Target) wouldnt tell my dad (works at walmart) the black friday time we open until after it was officially announced by target. Happy is telling us the internals are different, but the transmitter is the same. That is something that Traxxas (as a company, not just a worker) didnt say (as far as I know), and probably wont ever say unless someone brings the argument up to someone high up in traxxas.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Flew my first Quad over the weekend - the Blade MQX. Wowzers! I'm loving it. I'll be watching the Traxxas for a smaller one. Didn't know this was so fun!
Old 11-22-2012, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You know i gotta say the guy that's ripping on the Traxxas helicopter don't buy one the company would probably rather you didn't buy their product since you are so convinced its junk I disagree with you and think its a great product and please stop bashing a great company when you have no grounds to do it I mean most helicopters look similar but everyone's is different some way and I trustvtraxxas to be different because they have always been different and I think it's ridiculous that you are arguing with a Traxxas employee and telling him he doesn't know anything he works for them and you don't congratulations on being a jerk and for bashing a great company that makes great products you don't have to like their stuff but some of us do just saying be considerate and don't be a jerk
Old 11-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rustlererad3
You know i gotta say the guy that's ripping on the Traxxas helicopter don't buy one the company would probably rather you didn't buy their product since you are so convinced its junk I disagree with you and think its a great product and please stop bashing a great company when you have no grounds to do it I mean most helicopters look similar but everyone's is different some way and I trustvtraxxas to be different because they have always been different and I think it's ridiculous that you are arguing with a Traxxas employee and telling him he doesn't know anything he works for them and you don't congratulations on being a jerk and for bashing a great company that makes great products you don't have to like their stuff but some of us do just saying be considerate and don't be a jerk
Typical fan boy haha. Nobody was saying the traxxas heli is junk. Just because you work somewhere does not mean you are going to know development information. For all we know he could be customer service and know nothing about any new products. How do we even know he works there?

I have grounds to say whatever I want, I have spent thousands of dollars on Traxxas and I have reason to not like their products.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rustlererad3
is your period (.) button working?
Old 11-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Typical fan boy haha. Nobody was saying the traxxas heli is junk. Just because you work somewhere does not mean you are going to know development information. For all we know he could be customer service and know nothing about any new products. How do we even know he works there?

I have grounds to say whatever I want, I have spent thousands of dollars on Traxxas and I have reason to not like their products.
Why wouild you spend thousands if you dont like their products?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.