Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
Blade 130x problems tail rotor >

Blade 130x problems tail rotor

Blade 130x problems tail rotor

Old 09-25-2012, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (99%+)
Default Blade 130x problems tail rotor

is anyone else having a lot of problems with there tail gears on a 130x Blade??
I have noticed that the drive shaft or torque tube doesn't fit the hole in the gears real tight. any little bobble when landing or like today ended up backing lightly into a bush in front of the house and it stripped out the tail rotor gears almost instantly. boy I sure like my 120sr's a lot better with the tail motors in them. anyone have any ideas also the tail rotor servo is sticking for some reason a lot anyone also experience this?? any ideas sure would be appreciated
Old 10-01-2012, 04:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by penguineman View Post
is anyone else having a lot of problems with there tail gears on a 130x Blade??
I have noticed that the drive shaft or torque tube doesn't fit the hole in the gears real tight. any little bobble when landing or like today ended up backing lightly into a bush in front of the house and it stripped out the tail rotor gears almost instantly. boy I sure like my 120sr's a lot better with the tail motors in them. anyone have any ideas also the tail rotor servo is sticking for some reason a lot anyone also experience this?? any ideas sure would be appreciated
mate. your nother alone. I've got the same issues with my servo. you will find it isn't sticking but it is the gyro holding its position. it won't work the same as a.normal servo with the motor plugged in. if you want to check it unplug the motor and try it. I've had the issue where under power the servo would work but off power it was fine. it turned out my tail gear was spinning on the shaft so slightly that the gyro was getting confused and wouldn't let it work because the helicopter was just spinning around. the gears will strip they aren't loose. they are just small plastic gears don't expect too much from them.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (99%+)

thanks for the info my geras are actually loose on the shaft I think I need to get ahold of Horizion and see it they will or could send me a new shaft I put a brand new gear on the shaft holding it by hand a a very slight turn or try wobbleing it by and and it flops around. so I was wondering if maybe they had a bad batch of shaft or torque tube ot what ever it is they call them I'm gonna call them this morning and talk with them and I'm also gonna order some new gear sets and a couple shafts to try and see if any of them are tighter I've been doing this hobby 22 or 23 years plus and this is just sloppy craftsmanship