Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
I want to get a heli which simulator would you recommend. >

I want to get a heli which simulator would you recommend.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I want to get a heli which simulator would you recommend.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 02:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default I want to get a heli which simulator would you recommend.

I want to get into helies but I would prefer to get a 3d capable bird and practice on a simulator rather than buy several beginner helies. I was looking at the blade 130x.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey mate. Bought a 450 3d with phoenix SIM. Within a week I have also bought a 130x because I piled up the helicopter pretty quickly. You won't be disappointed wIthaca the 130. Although do a couple of things. When you first plug it in don't move it until you hear the final 2 beeps from the gyro. Thismeans that it has set itself. Keep he servos clean using electrical cleaner. And put the body grommets supplied with the helicopter in the spares bag where the o rings are on throw swash plate. I have crashed mine that Manu time in the last 3 days and I have only has to replace the tail gears the main a gear and the tail itself.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jwill05
I want to get into helies but I would prefer to get a 3d capable bird and practice on a simulator rather than buy several beginner helies. I was looking at the blade 130x.
Depending on your learning curve you should start like most do. A sim is great and even better if you get one that matches your regular radio. Example I have real flight with futaba. When I use my spektrum to fly my Heli's I often have to look down for idle up etc. but buy a cheap 3ch to learn how to balance up and down. A 4ch co axial to learn banking, pitch etc then a fixed pitched. Going straying to CP i think isn't the best ideal. You will be buying parts and not enjoying the hobby. Especially the 130x. It's very fun but also twitchy for a newbie. I've been flying for a few months now and I don't push it with my mcpx. I might roll it for fun to hear my kids go wow but I don't push my learning curve. Blades and tail booms add up fast.

If you want to jump into I say at least get a blade 120sr. That little bird is really stable and fun. You will never get bored. Don't let the stunt 3d flying that you see others do make you rush learning. I'm sure it took them months to learn figure 8s and hovering like the rest of us noobs. Good luck
Old 09-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Getting a heli Saturday

I will be picking up a blade msrx i looked into the blade 120 sr but with it being so windy here in oklahoma i wanted something i could fly indoors.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jwill05
I saved money by getting the real flight g4 and didn't touch a heli till I could do it on the sim. I jumped to axe cp heli. Then two months past I got a nice 450 then jumped too the 700.
But the g4 is more then enough. The have free upgrades directly from great planes