Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
Video: Is this a bad servo on my Blade 120SR? >

Video: Is this a bad servo on my Blade 120SR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Video: Is this a bad servo on my Blade 120SR?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Video: Is this a bad servo on my Blade 120SR?

It was flying fine. Suddenly, after a new pack, and testing the enabling of Expo on my DX5E Radio, it started doing what the video is showing.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

it really sounds awful. Is it basically sticking then? Also I don't think you should be moving the servo while its on. I know that on my 130 x if I have throttle hold on and give it full throttle then full left or right cyclic sometimes the servo's will stick at the top but that is only because it's not actually flying and the gyro isn't picking up anything so it sticks if you wait like 4 seconds they will reset.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Initiate

I had actually forgot I made this post. I ended up figuring it out the next morning. It appears somehow I managed to damage the large gear on the servo.
The slider assembly was perfectly fine.

I did notice at some point I was flying with one of the ball links missing from the head :P I wondered why it was flying funny, and happened to crash lightly. It may have been enough to damage the gear, with all of the load on that side.

They don't sell the gear separately. I had to buy the $10 servo, and just swap the gear. I still have an annoying Toilet Bowl Effect going on, but otherwise, it flies ok
Old 09-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

are all your trims set to 0? I messed with trims on my msrx and it started the toilet bowl effect so I just put them back to center and it seemed to fly great after that no problems since. Now my mcpx is another issue.