Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
New to flying, so dont laugh lol >

New to flying, so dont laugh lol

New to flying, so dont laugh lol

Old 06-29-2012, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default New to flying, so dont laugh lol

Guys I want to fly!! Iíve been in the RC world for quite some time now, SC trucks and now rock crawling take up most of my spare time. I do have a couple of e-flight helliís as well, but I want a good beginner plane! I would love to get into the world of flight as well. I would love to purchase a good beginner brushless electric plane, since I have lipos already. I was looking at the hobbyking piper j-3 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._EPO_PNF_.html I was just going to add there hobbyking 4ch remote. What do you guys think? Or are there better out there. I would love some Intel, thank you lots!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:50 AM
Tech Rookie

You may want to check out the Dynam Hawksky with the KillerPlanes.com crashproofing upgrades. It'll keep the damage from those little "learning moments" to an absolute bare minimum! Just pick it back up and go again!
Old 06-30-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

As a novice pilot myself, I suggest you go out to a nearby rc flying field and talk to the flyers there. That Cub looks very scale and in my experence scale planes tend to fly like the planes they are models of. If you are planning to "teach" yourself, start with a good flight simulator. Also consider a powered glider like the Parkzone Radian, that plane has really helped me.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flynrace rc View Post
As a novice pilot myself, I suggest you go out to a nearby rc flying field and talk to the flyers there. That Cub looks very scale and in my experence scale planes tend to fly like the planes they are models of. If you are planning to "teach" yourself, start with a good flight simulator. Also consider a powered glider like the Parkzone Radian, that plane has really helped me.
ok perfect thanks for the tip! Im going to do some more research
Old 07-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

Default Begineer Heli?

I would like to fly helicopters and would like some suggestions on which one a complete beginner could buy that I can use to learn with. Maybe somekind of 3 channel?
Old 07-16-2012, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

can never go wrong starting flight with something from the sig kadet series

http://www.sigmfg.com/cgi-bin/dpsmar...FV5.html?E+Sig
Old 07-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cancun Tom View Post
I would like to fly helicopters and would like some suggestions on which one a complete beginner could buy that I can use to learn with. Maybe somekind of 3 channel?
Hey Tom,
The 3 channel helis can be fun, but they usually don't fly anything like a 4 or 6 channel heli. The stick setup is usually very different as well. So if you were to decide you wanted to move up to more of a "hobby grade" heli, your experience with a 3 channel won't really benefit you much. I think the original Blade mcx RTF goes for 79.99 retail right now. That's probably not much more than a 3 channel will cost you, and if you don't mind flying indoors, it's not a bad place to start. Replacement parts are fairly easy to come by as well. Does Cancun have a hobby shop now? I haven't been there in a while, but from what I've heard (my brother-in-law still lives there), anything that you order through the mail has about a 20% chance of reaching your front door...not bad considering anywhere north of Guadalajara, your chances are 0%.

Nice website BTW.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cancun Tom View Post
Buy the simulator. Don't touch a heli or plane till you can take off and land, same some money... Free crashes all day
Old 10-23-2012, 04:06 AM
Suspended

I suggest you go out to a nearby RC flying field and talk to the flyers there. If you are planning to teach yourself, start with a good flight simulator. The 3 channel heli's can be fun, but they usually don't fly anything like a 4 or 6 channel heli. The setup is usually very different as well. So if you were to decide you wanted to move up to more of a heli, your experience with a 3 channel won't really benefit you much.

Regards
Brett
Nitrotek