Advice on 1st Heli

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on 1st Heli

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 04:07 AM
Tech Initiate

I think it would be fun for you to shift from RC cars to RC helicopters.Though RC helicopters take time to be get acquainted with.I would suggest you to go through some of different RC Helicopters.Nitro-powered Align T-Rex 600 NSP,Electric-powered Venom Air Corps Ocean Rescue,Electric-powered Align T-rex 450SE,Electric-powered Syma S107,The 252 km/h fast electric helicopter TDR(I like the design as well as features of this one).I wish you a great time with your RC helicopter experience.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitrorcr65
Is it a far stretch to start with the MSR? I have flown a few toy air hogs and have driven RC Cars for over 18 years. If you take your time and are patient, is it an approach people have started with?
In my opinion YES it is a far stretch. I went from the Airhogs to a Mcx and could not be happier.

I went from the MCX to the little blue one, the blue one discontinued now, from there I went to the Msr x, and now the 120 sr. However i like the smaller helis.

But going from the Airhogs to the MCX is a great idea in my opinion, I have two of the MCX's I have a local Hobby store that stocks all parts for Eflite helis.

So far (knock on wood) i have only broken one piece on all my helis and that was on a MCX (wifes cat jumped up and grabbed it from air lol)

Anyway thats how i started out, and do not regret any part of it. Have all helis i have ever bought including the Airhogs and the little Venoms sometimes they are a blast to drag out and fly around the living room

Good luck in whatever you buy!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:42 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

What about the Funcopter? Seemed decent enough, at least from what I have seen and read...
Old 10-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teknic
I just got into RC cars this year now I'm thinking I want to get a Heli and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for my first Heli purchase. I'm looking for something that can grow with me as I picked up the cars pretty fast and ended up having to sell off all my beginner stuff and move up pretty quickly and I don't want to go through that with the Heli. I don't want to break the bank either as I'm not sure if I'll end up liking it.

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!
Still shopping?
I have a full 3d 450 4s set up fly barbless all you need is a charger. Asking 600

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/for/3310215534.html. I'm ordering a brand new battery this weekend. I can demo then
Old 10-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teknic
I just got into RC cars this year now I'm thinking I want to get a Heli and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for my first Heli purchase. I'm looking for something that can grow with me as I picked up the cars pretty fast and ended up having to sell off all my beginner stuff and move up pretty quickly and I don't want to go through that with the Heli. I don't want to break the bank either as I'm not sure if I'll end up liking it.

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!
Still shopping?
I have a full 3d 450 4s set up fly barbless all you need is a charger. Asking 600

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/for/3310215534.html. I'm ordering a brand new battery this weekend. I can demo then

It's not too much more to fix if comparing to other compatible heliz. But you can learn a lot quicker on this
Old 11-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What are opinions on electric vs. nitro? Is it just preference?