Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
Don't Use Banana Hobby >

Don't Use Banana Hobby

Don't Use Banana Hobby

Old 09-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Angry Don't Use Banana Hobby

Please Read Entire Post!

I have been flying planes for over 5yrs and dealt with many places but they take the cake.

I recently received my f-117 edf from them as a present for my dad. I did all my preflight checks and everything seemed ok so up i went. About 5 mins into the flight the right aileron stops responding and i am unable to keep control of the aircraft and it comes crashing down hard cracking the right wing almost all the way through. It does not have rudders so steering is almost impossoble once an aileron goes.

I try to get hold of them by phone which didnt work you have a better chance of seeing god while ur still alive. I finally got someone on the chat named Brad he was nice i explained my situation and he said to email my problem with pictures attached so i did.

Today i chatted with someone named Daphne to followup on the email she said they do not cover crash damage there is nothing she can do for me. Meanwhile there warranty (found on their website) states that if an item brakes from normal use you have 30 days to request an RMA. She told me that a servo doesnt just fail and if it did id have enough time to land without crashing. kinda hard to land with one wing working. wouldnt have crashed if part didnt fail.

All i wanted was a new body and wings i would get my own servos and reuse the other parts but they wouldnt even do that.

I have the whole conversation and a pic attached which i believe you should read, please do not give these people the pleasure of your business, because once you get your product your on your own
Attached Thumbnails Don't Use Banana Hobby-0910001237.jpg   Don't Use Banana Hobby-0910001238.jpg   Don't Use Banana Hobby-0910001238a.jpg   Don't Use Banana Hobby-0910001239.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Banana Hobby Convo.txt (3.9 KB, 148 views)
Old 09-14-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (86%+)

wow, note to self, dont buy from banana hobby. and i can tell the whole apollo airfield ( they visit there a lot) at the sepulveda dam that their products suck
Old 09-14-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Its a chinise arf, what do you expect. I like banana hobby, they have good cheap planes, there 50mm jets are really nice. But you need to check over everything, and most importantly check throws to make sure you don't have to much, it sounds like what happened.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

I ain't flaming you but I do have a question, Was a range check done? Did you inspect everthing before you went to the site? It's almost like building a plane from scratch taking it on the first flight and a servo goes bad, do you call futaba and ask them for another plane because it went bad? No it's part of the hazards of flying..........you bought a cheep plane with cheep servos, you can't expect to much.....just my 2 cents.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Also For having flight damage that it seriously the best you could have hoped for in a crash, it looks like a clean even break, just take a small piece of carbon and hot glue it back together.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by interplanet View Post
Also For having flight damage that it seriously the best you could have hoped for in a crash, it looks like a clean even break, just take a small piece of carbon and hot glue it back together.
Ya for a fomi that dont look like that bad of a crash, At leas the didnt have to put it in the trash can after it landed.......lol