Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
Trex Abuse Vids >

Trex Abuse Vids

Trex Abuse Vids

Old 09-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default Trex Abuse Vids

I am hooked on On-Road cars lately but I have been flying helis for years and love it!! I have been taking a little break, but I still get out there and fly some weekends

...anyways, here are some fun videos from our club field

This video is my first few attempts doing an inverted auto

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

next attempt was at the end of this vid

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

next 2 tries were at a local funfly

+ YouTube Video

... you would think I would give up... but nope, I try it again

+ YouTube Video

Hope you enjoyed them
Old 09-14-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

hehe...nice. Sicko that I am, I liked the last one, it made me smile.

And now for an unsolicited internet analysis. From what I could tell in the vids for the regular autos, you seemed to have good altitude, but on the inverts you seemed much much lower. You also might try a slightly more vertical approach. Too much forward motion will generate too much momentum at the finish. And lastly, you seem to be a bit too aggressive on the collective, especially when you're flipping out of invert. Could be panic setting in when you realize you're too low.

P.S. One other thought, I like to go as light unspun weight as possible for autos (AKA lower mah batt, etc.) Every little bit to help the heli from feeling as if it weighs 50 lbs.

Very nice flyin overall though, and you get an A+ for ballzyness.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Glad you enjoyed them

Thanks for the advice. Inverted autos have been really tough on the 450 overall The heli is pretty heavy with a 4S setup and the wood blades don't hold much inertia but they can be done.... although I have only landed one successfully after around a dozen attempts. I am fine with upright autos, but it is much harder to keep enough inertia for inverted autos on the 450.

.... finally after wrecking the 450 a bunch, I got the nerve to try them on my Raptor 50. I am too chicken to flip it over low to the ground and they aren't pretty but at least I can get them down in one piece. I still try them every once in a while on the 450 when the guys at the field start egging me on or when I feel like I have too many spare parts sitting around

+ YouTube Video
Old 11-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

haha... nice vids