Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie with mcx2???

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Newbie with mcx2???

I just bought a Mcx2 to try to learn to fly. I bought a Ax Cp awhile back and that was way over my head so I got a little one to learn with. My question is setting the trims, it makes tones. How do I know when they are centered? I looked in the manual and there is nothing on setting trim. It seems like the hele is drifting to the left and sometimes the nose spins a little. I figured out how to get that fixed. How should the trims be set before flight.....with everything on how should the rotors be? should I adjust the trims so the rotors move the same in all directions? Is there a thread somewhere explaining how to set trims?
Old 07-24-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

All I do with my MCX is trim it so it stays still when it hovers. It shouldn't drift , charne orientation or need other stick correction. I've not seen anything any more detailed than that for a micro heli.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Initiate

I will try that and see what happens. Thanks
Old 07-27-2010, 08:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Listen closey to the trim beeps and you will be able to tell when it's centered. The pitch of the tone changes slightly.

You set the trims where they need to be in flight, on the ground means nothing. The heli will usually drift very slowly or have no drift when trimmed out correctly. But, the trim will change slightly depending on how much throttle is applied and as the battery runs down.

Don't get too hung up on the trims though, get them as close as you can and then just have fun flying around.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks I will try that
Old 07-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

trims are needed only if you want a steady hover
Old 07-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the tone it makes at 'center' is a longer tone than the others. when the trim is maxed out to one side it makes a different beeping tone. you should center all your trims and re-bind your radio if your trims are way off - just a thought.