Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Big Enough Heli for Camera?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Trialser
I just got a GoPro HD camera, and Im looking to get a heli that would be able to carry it for some on board filming. What should I look for that will be enough to carry it? I have seen some blade cp's for sale and things like that, not looking to spend too much.
A 400 & up heli would lift it. Problem is though, if you go with a sub 500 your feathering shaft will wear out (bend) very quickly and often. Get the century swift 16 rtf. Best low-budget heli for cams.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you want something that can carry a gopro camera and get a good flying time you most get a quadcopter , a electric heli only gives you a miserable 5 to 7 minutes flying time when a quadcopter with no load can give you 12 to 18 minutes ( depending on the battery ) of flying time and with load 8 to 15 of flying time , quadcopters are more stable for aerial video than heli's , they come with a more advanced gyro system with optional auto stabilization , GPS altitude and position hold . Get a GAUI 330xs with a camera mount or get a FEYETECH x4 .