Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
BEST FLIGHT SIMULATOR????? >

BEST FLIGHT SIMULATOR?????

BEST FLIGHT SIMULATOR?????

Old 04-22-2010, 01:09 AM
Tech Adept

Default BEST FLIGHT SIMULATOR?????

What is a good flight simulator i can use to get the basics of flying why i can then still use and learn from as i get better. Any help is appriciated alot so please give as many suggestions. PayPal payments will be made if you are especially helpful and if u can give me a call as to what i should do to get into flying the big birds.
HUTCH THE CLUTCH

Cats that have red hair should be outlawed, die little mutant freaks
Old 04-22-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Aerofly is the best in my opinion, which is a bummer cause one just went on ebay super cheap yesterday. Realflight is good but in reality it is a very poorly written program, it is a resource hog, its expensive and it runs slow on most computers. I would also steer clear of FSone.

I know aerofly 5 just came out but if you can find a used aerofly pro you wont regret it
Old 04-22-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

otherwise watch this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Reflex-XTR-Photo...item2eac93b1bc
Old 04-23-2010, 01:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I really like the real flight although I went the other route and started flying before I got a sim. lots of crashies and bad landings anyways its like I said I like the real flight because you can fly with other people and now combat which remindes me I got to upgrade and as meantioned above it take alot of memory.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by interplanet View Post
Aerofly is the best in my opinion, which is a bummer cause one just went on ebay super cheap yesterday. Realflight is good but in reality it is a very poorly written program, it is a resource hog, its expensive and it runs slow on most computers. I would also steer clear of FSone.

I know aerofly 5 just came out but if you can find a used aerofly pro you wont regret it
X2, Ikarus Aerofly Pro Delux is the shiz. It's how I taught myself to fly.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I like Phoenix R/C Pro Flight Simulator V2.5. It has great graphics and will run on my laptop. Be careful to check the system requirements - most sims require a pretty heavy duty computer.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hands down, RealFlight is the BEST of the flight sims. The physics are VERY acurate, and most models fly just about like they would in real life. You can add environmental factors like clouds, wind and different light levels as well. The controller is also very solid and smooth, and feels just as good as my Spektrum transmitter. Plus, there are HUNDREDS of plane and heli models that you can download and fly. The only down side is that RealFlight is probably the most expensive of the sims, and DOES have a bit more in system requirements to run it.

LOL the newest version, G5 even lets you connect through the internet and fly combat missions against others in first person view.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RMKinWI View Post
I like Phoenix R/C Pro Flight Simulator V2.5. It has great graphics and will run on my laptop. Be careful to check the system requirements - most sims require a pretty heavy duty computer.
Id have to go with this one... just picked this up.. Its sweet!
Old 04-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have Phoenix also and the graphics are very impressive. Especially when I hook my laptop up to my 50 inch plasma. Another benefit to Phoenix is that you don't have to purchase expansion packs like you do with Real Flight. New models/flying sites can be downloaded upon their release for free.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i have phoenix, realflight, aerofly, fms and others and i gravitate toward phoenix. especially considering for less than realflight g5 you can get phoenix and a dx5e transmitter that you can use out on the actual flying field...cant be beat. i use a dx6i for my sim...also phoenix allows for multiplayer as well...good luck learning to fly! i am still learning as well and it is a ton of fun....

\\edit: i should say that i haven't really given aerofly a day in court. i really gravitate toward phoenix but i will be configuring my transmitter for use with aerofly at some point. the phoenix/spektrum dx5e combo is $175 btw. also if u plan on flying parkzone warbirds they are in the phoenix sim as well and are a pretty close representation of the real birds.

Last edited by skeptikal; 04-27-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

One vote for Phoenix Flight Simulator
Old 04-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I use Phoenix, The graphics are great and the mechanics are very realistic.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Anyone tried Clearview? It's a lot lot cheaper than Phoenix and Realflight. Seems to have the best support with free addons, unlike RF which charge premiums
Old 05-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default clear veiw +11111111111

I have clear veiw and i love it... great sim for the price.. its a lil slower loading than some of the more pricey sims but still great for the price
Old 05-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Rookie

The only one I've used is realfight and I like it. However this phoenix sounds worth a look. I'll have to give it a try.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.